Author Topic: Invisible wall?  (Read 8977 times)

fziker

Invisible wall?
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:40:55 am »
Sorry for the vague Subject but I don't know how to properly describe what I just experienced. The basics: FSX-SE, PMDG 777F, nighttime arrival at KMEM selected 671 from the menu and asked for the FollowMe to guide me there. Everything fine until I'm in the FedEx area and I'm following the guide vehicle and all of a sudden I can't proceed any further; its like I bounce off an invisible wall or object (I have FSX configured to ignore collisions) no matter how much throttle I apply. Finally I just had GSX warp me to the gate and everything from thereafter was normal. Can anyone explain what is happening?
Thanks, in advance, for your kind advice!
fred ziker

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible wall?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:55:03 am »
You surely haven't go into an invisible object: the custom collision data for the scenery only has data for actual visible objects so, it's correct the scenery would block you against such objects and, in fact, it's a new feature that no other FSX scenery has.

You might have not noticed, maybe it was just the apron lamp pole, and if that space was too cramped for that airplane, possibly one of the wings was colliding with it, and it might not be so obvious at night.

Simak

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:12:01 am »
I am having the same issue and I have collision turned off as well.

Namely at gate 511 and its surroundings, when trying to enter the parking area from the taxiway (upon arrival) as well as when trying to exit the area to the taxiway (upon departure) your airplane behaves like it's bouncing into a soft, but insurmountable barrier. When exiting it's in every direction (left, straight, right). It's like an invisible wall practically preventing your plane to leave that area altogether. Quite frustrating.

Franz007

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:27:24 pm »
Hi

I just had the same problem. Arrived in Memphis and was taxi to the cargo ramp. My B777 bounced into an invisible wall (Collision deactivated). And i couldn't do anything! I trided to make a U-Turn but bounced again into something (but there were no objects around). I was like in a prison: no way to escape in any direction!

Perhaps it has nothing to do with that scenery and is a P3D-problem?

I really would appreciate some help.

Thanks and cheers
F.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 05:47:32 pm »
Please indicate the precise, exact, location of this "wall".

KMEM has its own internal collision avoidance system that is unrelated to the default one, but maybe you bounced over an object that for another reason wasn't visible so, in order to check if there's a problem, we must know the precise lat/lon coordinates where this happened, and the airplane used, of course.

Franz007

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 07:21:01 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your answer.

It was with the PMDG 777-freighter and the exact position is shown in the picture attached.

Thanks and best regards,
F.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 10:04:20 am »
the exact position is shown in the picture attached.

That's not nearly precise enough: such issues can have a tolerance of a few centimeters. As I've said in my previous message, in order to check if there's a problem, we must know the precise lat/lon coordinates where this happened, the ones you can see by pressing Shift+Z.

Franz007

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 07:46:23 pm »
You can check that by taxiing from the RWY 27/09 via taxiway N to the north in direction of that red indicated space. You should then boucing into that wall. Could you check that and tell us if you also bounced into that wall? Otherwise i will try to reproduce it once agian, just have no time right now. Thanks.

TOH

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:58:37 am »
Any update on this thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an88XPJAB1U - users with link only can see it.

Same thing has happened near stands 459-463 (should be ok for 777 size), there You can get futher, but still will be "bounced back" before marshall gives "shutdown" signal. This specific video is made at stand 380.
No point of giving any coordinates, just try to taxi into stand 380 with 777 and You´ll have it.
Just tried from several different angles to the stand 380, made no difference...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:11:14 pm by TOH »