Author Topic: Another Crash While Loading KMEM  (Read 11438 times)

Hnla

Another Crash While Loading KMEM
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:17:18 pm »
It happened as soon as KMEM was loading. This crash is with the latest version

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23418, time stamp: 0x5708a73e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00050a4c
Faulting process id: 0xad4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c4ef01e8dd16
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3350f4f4-30e3-11e6-9167-8c89a51aac22

Here are other Crash Reports from FSX from KMEM that I have had
. I have updated KMEM to the latest version since then, however these reports might offer some more clues...

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 340
 Start Time: 01d1bfa1276826f9
 Termination Time: 151
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
 Report Id:

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3467, time stamp: 0x574dbea4
Faulting module name: wrap_oal.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a25c811
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000483a1
Faulting process id: 0xebc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1bea22bdd178c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\wrap_oal.dll

Faulting application name: SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe, version: 1.3.3.0, time stamp: 0x574c9eb1
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x4b435553
Faulting process id: 0xe68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1bea22bdf78ec
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 673c2511-2aa9-11e6-8137-8c89a51aac22

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: bglmanx.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x575194f6
Fault offset: 0x686578f0
Faulting process id: 0x111c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1bea013dda752
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: bglmanx.dll
Report Id: 43e14051-2a95-11e6-8137-8c89a51aac22
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:27:06 pm by Hnla »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another Crash While Loading KMEM
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:05:57 am »
You crashes indicates that everything in your FSX and your system seems to have different and separate issues, and none of them has anything to do with KMEM.

A crash in ntdll.dll is usually a simple Out of memory error. Too stuff loaded, a memory-hungry airplane or too high settings. Usually a combination of all of them. KMEM takes less VAS than KLAX, so it cannot be the culprit for OOMs, not just by itself.

A crash into wrap_oal.dll usually means your audio drivers has issues/bugs in supporting OpenAL. If you search the internet for this error, you'll see thousands of reports from all sort of different games, which are all equally affected by a bug of your audio drivers. Again, nothing that has anything to do with KMEM, you noticed it there, but only because KMEM *does* play additional audio, if you go close to areas that have it, like the FedEx hangar or the Control Tower.

A crash into SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe is not something we can really check easily, but I guess it might happen with any other scenery using SODE.

The only crash that seem to be worrying, is the one on bglmanx.dll but, unless you could provide with more details about what you were doing when it happened, it's impossible to say more about.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:12:13 pm »
Perhaps you can shed some more light on this. I completely understand that it's not your product causing this.

Active Sky is Causing the Crash for me.

I can reproduce a crash every time in this scenario in FSX:

I load up any aircraft. and I select KMEM for gate 964 RAMP GATE SMALL, LOAD up Active Sky Next, and Go. The Airport loads somewhat- then BOOM, FSX Crash.

Some of the Crash Modules are NTDLL.DLL, some are from FSUPIC4.DLL, and some are from d3dx9_34.dll.

If I don't load up Active Sky next, everything is fine.

If I just load up on the active runway with ASN, everything is fine too

I know it's ASN, but what would you do next?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:14:11 pm by Hnla »

AirbusA330

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:42:37 am »
Maybe some crashes have to do with the wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll in FSX. I had the "wrong" version, too. Since I read a post on avsim, and changed to the "right" version, I didn't experience any crash anymore.

More info in this thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/421820-wrong-version-of-uiautomationcoredll/

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:37:49 am »
Maybe some crashes have to do with the wrong version of the uiautomationcore.dll in FSX. I had the "wrong" version, too. Since I read a post on avsim, and changed to the "right" version, I didn't experience any crash anymore.

More info in this thread: http://www.avsim.com/topic/421820-wrong-version-of-uiautomationcoredll/

Yeah but that's about general NTDLL.DLL crashes... I don't have them anywhere else but KMEM+ Active Sky Next. Thanks tho

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:33 pm »
I think you should try to report this to ASN developers. There's definitely something going on with their module, see this other user report here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11451.msg89968.html#msg89968

On a hunch after reading info on this post,  I changed weather depiction to OPUS and eliminated the sky objects issue at KIAH and much better performance with no sim crash even with the taxing aircraft as the IFLY 747 v2.

They surely would want to investigate why switching to a competing weather engine fixed the crashes...

ipg1939

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 05:06:42 am »
You crashes indicates that everything in your FSX and your system seems to have different and separate issues, and none of them has anything to do with KMEM.

Really man? ALL the people in here with crashes and i keep seeing this " Its not FSDT it must be you"  Come on with that.

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 05:21:20 am »

Really man? ALL the people in here with crashes and i keep seeing this " Its not FSDT it must be you"  Come on with that.

Did you read the posts??? My crashes were from ASN and I just fixed them by a reinstall of ASN and FSUPIC

ipg1939

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 05:56:43 am »
Dont care about your post. like i said, i keep seeing this response about all posts. This isn't about you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 11:41:54 am »
care about your post. like i said, i keep seeing this response about all posts. This isn't about you.

So you are trying to say that:

1) Hnla who had his crashed FIXED by reinstalling ASN and FSUIPC

2) this user who said the crash was FIXED by reinstalling SODE:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13549.msg100770.html#msg100770

3) The user who FIXED the problem by disabling the "Addon Converter X.DLL"

4) This user who found the G2D.DLL crash was CAUSED by Ezdok camera:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13623.msg101883.html#msg101883

ALL these users are liars, just because you said so ?

ipg1939

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 05:35:37 pm »
Whatever man, You know what i was trying to say. ALL the people flooding the forums with Memphis crashes and you keep saying its all other software and not yours. This was A case that actually worked in your favor. My point is, If my sim is working PERFECT and then i install KMEM and it fails miserably... Thats a FSDT problem in my opinion.

I am not calling anyone a liar.

And another thing! I will say i appreciate the way you are dealing with me in the forum. You could have gone the punk way of banning me or locking the topic. You choose to hold your ground and man up. I like that. Its getting rare in this world.

From what i saw in another post of yours things have been updated and Memphis isnt having issues like it was. If thats true. Thank you for finding and fixing the issue. All i wanted from my posts was a functional Memphis to enjoy. I'm sure we ALL agree its beautiful when its working.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:57:57 pm »
ALL the people flooding the forums with Memphis crashes and you keep saying its all other software and not yours.

*They* said they fixed their crashes, in a way or the other, I'm just reporting what they said.

As with any support forum, many more users post message about having a problem, compared to the ones that take the time to come back and say "hey, I found what it was in my case, it was this xxxx addon!", but they HAVE done that.

This was A case that actually worked in your favor. My point is, If my sim is working PERFECT and then i install KMEM and it fails miserably... Thats a FSDT problem in my opinion.

"A" case ?? I cited several cases "in my favor".

You are saying "My sim" so it's the opposite way around: if most of users that initially had crashes reported here fixed their problem, but YOU haven't, it's clear the problem is in your system, we just haven't found what it is. YET.

And another thing! I will say i appreciate the way you are dealing with me in the forum. You could have gone the punk way of banning me or locking the topic. You choose to hold your ground and man up. I like that. Its getting rare in this world!

That's because I'm sure of what I'm saying, people are banned here only when they start using foul language or misbehave or attack other people.

From what i saw in another post of yours things have been updated and Memphis isnt having issues like it was. If thats true. Thank you for finding and fixing the issue. All i wanted from my posts was a functional Memphis to enjoy. I'm sure we ALL agree its beautiful when its working.

We have posted MANY updates these days. The issue is, the scenery is very complex and it's doing something that nobody ever done before, and we HAD to update GSX together with it, since they must work together.

Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury or the time of being able to test it with the huge amount of 3rd party products, which were the ones that caused most of the issues, some of them I never heard of before.

So, do you still have crashes to report now, or not ?

Hnla

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 11:39:50 pm »
Still no solutions to the KMEM Crashing problem... hmmm...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »

KMEM is not crashing anymore, we posted plenty of updates about it, and you said yourself you fixed it by reinstalling ASN and FSUIPC.

You must confusing KMEM with other issue that are affecting GSX, most of them were fixed by disabling the antivirus when installing. Nobody has reported problems with KMEM in the last few days.

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:50 pm »

KMEM is not crashing anymore, we posted plenty of updates about it, and you said yourself you fixed it by reinstalling ASN and FSUIPC.

You must confusing KMEM with other issue that are affecting GSX, most of them were fixed by disabling the antivirus when installing. Nobody has reported problems with KMEM in the last few days.

I thought I did, until I made a flight into KMEM again, and:

Well never mind! I was doing a flight into KMEM and on Approach I got a FSX CTD, however it was caused by "G3D.DLL"...