Author Topic: ai traffic not taking off  (Read 8844 times)

gerb1960

ai traffic not taking off
« on: June 12, 2016, 07:14:32 pm »
I see that other folks are having ai take off problems. The other post shows a solution that is over my head. Can anyone give me detailed step directions or better yet can someone post a corrected file that I can drop in the folder?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: ai traffic not taking off
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:57:08 pm »
Download and run the installer, and say yes when prompted to download the most current afcads.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

gerb1960

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:56:41 pm »
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately it didn't work. I think the developer should have another file available for traffic users as an option even though it may not exactly line up with their scenery.

gerb1960

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 12:27:57 am »
developer are you gonna respond...you indicated on purchase you supply support on this forum.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:00:00 am »
I use UT2 mixed with WOAI traffic and my AI take off normally and taxi around the airport.

What traffic program are you using? If it's one of the versions of MyTraffic then you need to disable the AFCAD that it installs.

There is nothing wrong with the AFCAD that comes with the airport otherwise everyone would be having issues.

Cfoley

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 06:04:54 am »
I have the same problem with KDFW since last fall.  I was never able to get the problem resolved.  UT2 traffic is at a standstill at the runways and FSX ATC never gives clearance for take off for the aircraft in front of me.  What I end up doing is going into FSX "MAP" and return and the traffic disappears and I then can get clearance to taxi and hold, or take off.  Or go into FSX realism setting and back and they disappear that way also.   I don't like it because it ruins the realistic effects of other traffic, but it is the only way for me right now.  But another issue I am having only with KDFW is that when I use FSpassengers, and upon take off roll with the PMDG 777,  the passangers are in a complete panic for some reason and the flight approval rating drops to around 40%.  This is only at KDFW and only with the PMDG 777, not any other add on aircraft.  
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:47:14 am by Cfoley »

gerb1960

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 02:55:26 am »
when just a few have issues there are many more not posting and maybe reading. I use ai sky freeware but I have seen issues with all ai traffic programs both payware and freeware. Thanks again for another tip that will maybe work. Thanks!

gerb1960

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 02:58:24 am »
question 1. Is an AFCAD the same as a bgl. If not where is the afcad files in p3dv3.3

I uninstalled sky ai and went to default ai with the same issue.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »
I use ai sky freeware but I have seen issues with all ai traffic programs both payware and freeware.

At least the payware AI programs have their own support forums, you're pretty much on your own with freeware.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

gerb1960

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »
I finally solved the problem on my own with the help of the post below this one about ai not taking off. I am a newb to flight sim and am not used to diiging into files to fix developers oversites. You have to download ADE which only has directions fro FSX and I have p3dv3.3 which has a different file structure. Then figure out how to work it. Then follow the post below about 0m runway widths. You pull up the airport bgl file and it shows the widthd, but on the top tool bar pull down goto to runways and the width is zero. You have to change compile and install with administrator and even then I had to compile to desktop then install corrected airport bgl file and save the bunk one to desktop and it worked fine just as the post below said. The developer could fix this for newbs in 5 minutes and have a corrected file ready for download or better yet install a good one when originally purchased. Thanks for all the forum members help and thanks for nothing to the developer.

By the way I bought 2 other sceneries from FSDT, KFLL they remembered to do it right and as for CYVR they figured 1m would be be a good runway width.

This is not a freeware or payware ai traffic issue it is an issue with thw FSDT software and purchasers should not have to dig like this on supported software.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
 Just for info this very same issue was discussed and solved months ago only a few threads down from yours.
 Also bear in mind that SKY AI is pirateware, so I wouldn't expect much help from as many users after admitting to using it.

ranger79

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 09:24:11 pm »
If you have P3Dv3.3.5, try this file. I used DMullert's AFCAD and just tweaked in ADE making the runways transparent (shows the FSDreamTeam Runway Textures). No more issues with AI getting stuck, I use UT2 and everything is working fine. Hope this works for you.