Author Topic: Planes not taking off **SOLVED**  (Read 21066 times)

Cfoley

Re: Planes not taking off
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 12:57:44 am »
I have had this problem with FSDT KDFW and KLAX since last spring.  I gave up trouble shooting it and I just go to the FSX "Map" and return and it clears the traffic when I get to the runway if there are planes ahead of me.  I would prefer it to work, but got tired of trouble shooting and learned to just live with it.  FSDT KJFK works fine though.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 01:04:57 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Planes not taking off
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 09:42:35 am »
Then you must have missed the latest Live Update notification we released a week ago:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Fixed AI not taking off at KDFW, KLAX, CYVR - Reply Yes to the question "Do you want to download updated AFCAD?" made when installing.

Cfoley

Re: Planes not taking off **SOLVED**
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 06:42:54 am »
I have downloaded it, twice.  But no change with planes not getting clearance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 06:05:45 pm »
I have downloaded it, twice.  But no change with planes not getting clearance.

Which seems to indicate you haven't replied YES to the question about downloading the updated AFCADs, which fixed that problem.

Cfoley

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:00:53 pm »
Yes,  I did select the "yes" option for AFCADS on both occasions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2016, 03:00:07 pm »
Yes,  I did select the "yes" option for AFCADS on both occasions.

Then the problem shouldn't happen, or there's another AFCAD used by the sim, not the FSDT one. Maybe some AFCAD you modified trying to fix the issue yourself ? Or, maybe there's something wrong with the download.

Check the file date of the sceneries AFCADs: CYVR, KDFW and KLAX should all have their dates August 10th 2016. If they aren't, reinstall the Addon Manager and be absolutely sure you reply YES to the question about downloading the AFCADs.

Cfoley

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 02:00:47 am »
Umberto, 

I went ahead and downloaded the Standalone Manager for KDFW and it has fixed the problem.  I did a test run and the aircraft are getting clearance for take off.  Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.   I must have messed up somewhere along the way. I can't exactly remember if I downloaded KDFW or GSX two weeks ago.  I do remember using the Full Installer at the time but it could have been GSX instead of KDFW.  But this time I only used the Standalone for KDFW and it worked.