Author Topic: Cannot acess tower features in avatar mode  (Read 11698 times)

skypilot75

Re: Cannot acess tower features in avatar mode
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 09:46:12 pm »
I encountered this exact issue as well with the avatar not warping anywhere. If I walked to the tower I would walk right through it. The door did not trigger as I approached either. I could control the door with the onscreen menu.

I fixed my issue by setting the P3D Default Scenario (F-22) and restarting P3D. I had a customized scenario loaded so I would start with a cold and dark aircraft. After resetting back to the factory default scenario it works completely now for me.

If setting back to the original default scenario does not work, you might want to try deleting the scenario files (\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.fxml). They will rebuild based on the default scenario selection in P3D. I do this often as one of my payware aircraft is not P3D compatible and it corrupts this file.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:52:32 pm by skypilot75 »

hawkhero

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 11:59:52 pm »
Tried going back to default settings and deleting the file. Still does not work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 12:08:28 am »
Are you using the default Avatar ?

tod

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 02:08:56 am »
Wanted to report back that the Avatar Warp function now works! Since my last post yesterday, I did two things today: (1) deleted Prepar3D_Default.fxml and let Prepar3D rebuild as suggested by skypilot75 - thanks for sharing the tip, and (2) as I launched P3D, there was a message to update Couatl, and I followed the in-game instructions to update it. I didn't see this in-game message yesterday. Then I loaded KMEM, the Avatar Warp function worked, altough choppy / stuttering as it tried to load the Control Tower, but it worked fine. Problem solved!!
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

hawkhero

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 10:58:40 am »
Are you using the default Avatar ?
Yes, using default. I use the default F-22 default start up and then go to KMEM. I ran the check for updates and it was current. I then did shift-ctrl-e and the lockheed martin avatar opened. I changed it to first person view and opened the KMEM menue. I then selected warp to tower and nothing happens. I can warp the aircraft to FedEx hanger and other spots.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 11:43:03 am »
See the above post which indicated a solution that worked for him.

hawkhero

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »
I got it to work! My P3D cfg file had Aerosoft's Airbus avatar as default. Changed it to LM's one and it now works.

twharrell

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 12:17:17 pm »
What do you mean with "I select avatar from the vehicles menu". Are you maybe using the Dino Cattaneo military avatar addons ? It has been confirmed in this thread there's a problem with those, we'll try to have a look at it as soon as possible.

If you load the default avatar directly rather than detaching him from an airplane, the GSX menu won't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »
We already have an internal fix that will support multiple avatars. We are just testing it out a bit, before releasing it.

yayayilbx

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 02:39:47 pm »
I had the same problem,the tips which they shared I had tried, but it doesnot work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
The update released yesterday supports alternative Avatars.