Author Topic: KMEM, RouteFinder  (Read 7684 times)

alexzar14

KMEM, RouteFinder
« on: June 12, 2016, 01:16:02 am »
I have a strange painish problem, my RouteFinder that is built into FSCommander cannot find/generate a plan out of KMEM. Any one else experienced this?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: KMEM, RouteFinder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:37:59 am »
 Maybe there just aren't any real world flights in the database between the two cities.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:31:45 am »
Maybe there just aren't any real world flights in the database between the two cities.

Yep. http://flightaware.com/live/findflight?origin=KMEM&destination=EDDF

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 05:43:18 am »
 Lol, yeah I saw those too but I think he's looking for nonstop. A real world route between the two cities, not between three or more.

bholzer

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 06:00:06 am »
Try searching for a route between the two airports, but tell RouteFinder not to use a SID.. I was able to find a routing between the airport pair that way.

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:29:23 am »
Lol, yeah I saw those too but I think he's looking for nonstop. A real world route between the two cities, not between three or more.

Thats what I meant. There are no non-stop flights

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 06:32:20 am »
Try searching for a route between the two airports, but tell RouteFinder not to use a SID.

Nice work!

alexzar14

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 11:31:20 pm »
I was able to get the route with SID checked-off as suggested, thanks!
As for direct routes, it seems to have no problem generating a route KAWM-EDDF, where KAWM is a small kakish airport near KMEM... go figure )))

now another thing is I don't see, or see very scarce traffic at MEM. I use UT2, and I expected to see a cosmo-galactic myriad of FedEx MDs. Most of the time I see nothing, and I believe once I saw an AA MD80 at the terminal, that's it.
My traffic set to 30% which is ok.
P3Dv3.2

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:22 am »
I use UT2, and I expected to see a cosmo-galactic myriad of FedEx MDs. Most of the time I see nothing, and I believe once I saw an AA MD80 at the terminal, that's it.

It seems UT2 doesn't come with FedEx by default, see here:

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=7089

alexzar14

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 03:50:19 pm »
Very complicated procedure, it seems like the only way to have FedEx (for me) is to download a stand alone WOAI fedex pack.

I wasted time registering on their website but still wasn't allowed to access it, no straight forward solution found there, if I was to rate it I would give it 1 star.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:17:06 pm »
 With some patience you could add FedEx on your own. As near current as you'll get and also free AI flightplans here http://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Flightplans/Summer_2015/

Install using AIFP which is also free. The AI models and repaints are also free and available from within each airlines AIFP.cfg included in each flightplan.zip.

There's a bit of a learning curve to it, but the results are far better than any of the payware AI options both in the quality of the plans as well as the models and repaints (no comparison actually).

alexzar14

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 11:52:52 pm »
Thanks, but I just realized you can't add any non-UT traffic if you are using UT2.
UT2 has its own density control, with FXT/P3D traffic density % is set to zero. It is ok, I will be trying figuring this. There is a lot of stuff that takes time to figure, and items like these I have no choice but to move to the end of the list.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 01:57:20 am »
Thanks, but I just realized you can't add any non-UT traffic if you are using UT2.
UT2 has its own density control, with FXT/P3D traffic density % is set to zero. It is ok, I will be trying figuring this. There is a lot of stuff that takes time to figure, and items like these I have no choice but to move to the end of the list.

That's not true, you can use UT2 with WOAI traffic installed along side. I do it and many others do it as well. I use all the WOAI cargo packages with UT2 installed. You just need to use the traffic slider in FSX or P3D to control the density of the WOAI traffic and use the slider in the UT2 UI to control the UT2 traffic density. Both work independent of each other.

The only thing I would suggest after you install the WOAI FedEx or other packages is to use AIFPC to convert the traffic bgls to FSX format to correct the days it uses as well as avoid other conflicts of native FSX or P3D traffic files. UT2 doesn't use traffic bgls so you don't have to worry about any interferrence with it.