Author Topic: NEW AFCAD FOR LSGG  (Read 18630 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
NEW AFCAD FOR LSGG
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:24:38 pm »
Hi

Due to the fact that I don´t have more information for now, I will send you my improved afcad file from LSGG. 

I have done these things to the original afcad:
- add some specs based on some photos, other afcad files and threads in this forum as well as private messages
- add parking positions namely some for GA, and other for airlines
- some parking numbers corrected
- arrival comm frequency changed to departure
- VOR/DME GVA frequency changed
- some minor things rebuilt

If someone has more information about parking specs and improvements to add, please, feel free to help me on a better file. That´s what I can do for now... 

harpsi

P.S.: Virtuali, if you want to put this thread with a pin like all the others about afcads, feel free to do it :)

FILE UPDATED

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:05:41 am by harpsi »

Tom C

Re: NEW AFCAD FOR LSGG
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »
Nice job Harpsi.

I'm just a bit curious why you left gates 9 and 10 with no parking codes?
I've just had a look in FS and there was 2 Business jets parked there.
Regards.

Tom C.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 12:04:03 am »
Hi

I explain what was my tactics. I don´t know all the airlines ate LSGG, so, I filled a lot of specs and I left 2 empty for the others I don´t know... I placed them at the last gates available. Otherwise, all the GAs would park there because they see something available for them (enough parking radius). I forgot the business boieng 737s. Sorry, sometimes we left something. Let´s see if I can manage those ones, because they can park there. Maybe I put the big gates 18 and 19 before because business jets can go there as well. I will give a try, but first I want to see more comments before changing something.

harpsi

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 02:46:38 am »
Installation instructions?
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

rolf_gemini

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 10:09:15 am »
just put the afcad file in the fsdreamteam/lsgg/scenery folder.
Overwrite the other one.

Done

Gemini

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 06:57:21 pm »
Please, have a look at the 1.1 update that has been posted now, it includes most of the Harpsi fixes, but with an updated scenery.

Harpsi, it's best if you continue working on the AFCAD that comes with the upgrade, because the scenery changed quite considerably.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 08:19:09 pm »
Please, have a look at the 1.1 update that has been posted now, it includes most of the Harpsi fixes, but with an updated scenery.

Harpsi, it's best if you continue working on the AFCAD that comes with the upgrade, because the scenery changed quite considerably.

Hi Virtuali

Ok. I have addapted the things you modified to my afcad, since in the west region of the file I am following exactly the yellow lines on the ground, specially gates 95 and 96 and apron D. Gates 81 to 88 were modified according to the new scenery layout and Gates R and 72-74 stay like I did, exactly following the yellow lines. Gates are numbered more or less according to jeppesen charts. The order is the same I did in the previous file. In conclusion, it is more or less what you did, but aircrafts are following better the yellow lines on the ground. The file for download is now in the first post. About airlines, I am waiting for some posts here from persons who work at the airport. There are always workers arround foruns. Maybe we have some news in some days... :)

About gates 81 to 88, I already had pictures which are showing aircrafts closed to the buildings and not so far as before. However I didn´t update this part of the afcad before, because the scenery would have to be updated first. That´s whay you did very quickly and now it is perfect. ;)

For what I understood from Oliver´s message, gates radius, airline assignments or taxipoint add/small movements (small differences between your afcad and mine, in 2 or 3 regions like I said before: specially apron D, 72-74 and 95-96) have no effects for AES, so feel free to use your file or mine. For Oliver (AES) it will be more or less the same, I hope.

harpsi

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:28:49 pm by harpsi »

MikeS

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:01:31 pm »
Hi Harpsi

Good work so long. Please keep in mind, that at the western satellite (that one without the Jetways) normally the "face-in" Stands are in use, mostly for regional aircrafts. You should activate Gates 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 and delete Gates 121, 123, 125 and 127. Delete the Link 1 witch is wrong anyway (he should go straight through Gate 123, but he's rarely used anyway, so its better to forget this connection. Normal route is through Link 2 ).
Gate 1-Stand must be placed nearer to the Terminal.

Best regards
Mike
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:15:35 pm »
Hi Harpsi

Good work so long. Please keep in mind, that at the western satellite (that one without the Jetways) normally the "face-in" Stands are in use, mostly for regional aircrafts. You should activate Gates 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28 and delete Gates 121, 123, 125 and 127. Delete the Link 1 witch is wrong anyway (he should go straight through Gate 123, but he's rarely used anyway, so its better to forget this connection. Normal route is through Link 2 ).
Gate 1-Stand must be placed nearer to the Terminal.

Best regards
Mike

Hi

Ok. I already included the lights modification made by the team and I opened stands 21 to 28 as well as that taxi area (link 2) which was rebuilt. Is that what you mean? About airliners on this area I arranjed more or less randomly the ones which are supposed to be there... Tell me if they are correct or not please. Go to the first post and the updated file is there.

harpsi

MikeS

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 12:26:46 am »
Hi Harpsi

Yepp, that was exactly what I meant. Great!
The Airline-Assignements at the satellites seems to be OK so far. But that's a difficult thing to say because that can change every day. It may could be a good idea to left one of the gate free of assignements each satellite!?
Assign Swiss to the Terminal Gates. That's the major airline in geneva.

Please take a look to the connection between Link 4 and INNER (between gate 14 and gate 44). There is a missing connection if you taxi from Link4 into INNER westward. Now the AI-Aircraft have first to turn slightly left and than they could turn right into the south-westward direction on the INNER.

Another good idea may could be, to give the LINKs 2-5 a name (L4, L3...) so that you have a chance, to follow a ATC assigned route to your stand or from the stand to runway ("XYZ, taxi to gate 5 via A, L4"). Don't assign as "LINK 4", because MS-ATC would call it "Lima, India, November, Kilo 4"...  ;)   I love the MS ATC...  ;D
And move gate 32 forward. Aircrafts must be placed completely within the red line (at every gate of course). It seams, that the yellow stopbar is misplaced at gate 32 (but that's not your fault). Change Gates 8 and 12 to small gate (25m at max), there is no place for wide- or medium-bodies!

Hope, that helps

Best regards
Mike
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:48:50 am by MikeS »
Best regards
Mike

sim-wings "AF-Designer"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:26:10 pm »
Hi Harpsi

Yepp, that was exactly what I meant. Great!
The Airline-Assignements at the satellites seems to be OK so far. But that's a difficult thing to say because that can change every day. It may could be a good idea to left one of the gate free of assignements each satellite!?
Assign Swiss to the Terminal Gates. That's the major airline in geneva.

Please take a look to the connection between Link 4 and INNER (between gate 14 and gate 44). There is a missing connection if you taxi from Link4 into INNER westward. Now the AI-Aircraft have first to turn slightly left and than they could turn right into the south-westward direction on the INNER.

Another good idea may could be, to give the LINKs 2-5 a name (L4, L3...) so that you have a chance, to follow a ATC assigned route to your stand or from the stand to runway ("XYZ, taxi to gate 5 via A, L4"). Don't assign as "LINK 4", because MS-ATC would call it "Lima, India, November, Kilo 4"...  ;)   I love the MS ATC...  ;D
And move gate 32 forward. Aircrafts must be placed completely within the red line (at every gate of course). It seams, that the yellow stopbar is misplaced at gate 32 (but that's not your fault). Change Gates 8 and 12 to small gate (25m at max), there is no place for wide- or medium-bodies!

Hope, that helps

Best regards
Mike

Ok. File updated:
- small gates at the terminal
- two gates at the satellite B without assignments
- SWR at all gates on the terminal
- Links 2-5 added and taxiways renamed
- few issues reworked

harpsi

Aeroman

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 02:45:00 am »
Is it in the v1.1 update now?
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 04:54:08 am »
Is it in the v1.1 update now?

No... At this time, let´s say that I am reworking on a few issues and if the file comes in the next update, great; if not, it is here on the top anyway, available for all users. :) The important thing is to share the work. ;)

harpsi

Aeroman

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 05:30:37 am »
rgr rgr! ;)
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
"We know why you fly"

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 05:03:46 pm »
Hi all

An improved file and perhaps the last one, will come probably today. MikeS improved some things on this file and I have made the last retouchements as well. You will see it maybe to day or tomorrow.

harpsi