Author Topic: SODE doesn't work  (Read 13365 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE doesn't work
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 11:40:24 am »
I still don't see the reason behind why every jetway no longer moves, even for ai, I know it saves on performance, but flytampa have implemented side at every jetway even for ai I believe.

We have been doing airports with jetways moving with AI at each and every parking of every airport we made for years, when nobody made animated jetways but, once we saw that many AI traffic packages all have added features to disable AI doors to save fps, we assumed this was a most requested and used feature so, the GSX implementation of SODE, purposely restrict the activated jetway to the parking selected in GSX, which is consistent with how GSX always worked: docking systems are too entirely static (and they don't turn on for AIs) unless you activate the parking with GSX, so is the marshaller and anything else related to a parking.

The cost in VAS and fps to be able to afford several jetways and docking systems working is simply something we cannot afford anymore, and we take optimization very seriously. Even in our airports using standard animated jetways, that in theory would be visible for AI too, we used LOD to restrict the visual range of the animated objects, so you couldn't see more than 3-4 jetways attached to AIs, but then the issue of in-out LOD-popping between animated/non-animated was a bit annoying, so we think the current solution to restrict jetways to your plane only and only if the parking is selected by GSSX, is the less visually distracting AND is the absolute most efficient in VAS and fps savings.