Author Topic: Major Bounce **SOLVED - P3D bug when Avatar is disabled**  (Read 16970 times)

downscc

Major Bounce **SOLVED - P3D bug when Avatar is disabled**
« on: June 08, 2016, 01:49:56 am »
Remember how FSX used to exhibit a strange object/aircraft bounce when first viewing from Tower..., well this is similar but worse.

All way from landing PMDG B777F to parking and after shutdown, any change in view such as from cockpit to locked spot or changing zoom and all heavens bounce. Open a second window and everything bounces. Change view to tower and the poor airplane is lifted 30 feet in the air and is dropped.

Other than that... LOL. Other than that, this is a much appreciated addition to your product line.  I am so happy to replace the old add on I had that was barely better than default for this beautiful airport. So far only squawk I have is this very pronounced bouncing. I mean really, it's severe.

EDIT:  I need to add this is in P3Dv3.2, my mesh resolution is 2m.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:31:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major Bounce
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:56:42 am »
Have you tried disabling the Gear bump in the YouControl menu options ?

downscc

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:27:58 pm »

I thought of that after session was over, will try it this morning and report back. Thanks.

Major bounce is still there.  Here's some things about it that might be of interest.
The bounce always happens with changing from an external view with another view (internal cockpit or external aircraft view).  The amount of bounce seems to depend on how far the change in position of the view point or camera is between views. For example, between cockpit and external locked view the bounce is inches but changing between top down and locked view can be more than 50 feet.  Just changing zoom levels in the top down view will cause an audible "boom" and the aircraft lands.  The bounce is less a bounce than a sudden shift in aircraft location on the z axis (vertical), on a change of view the aircraft is suddenly in the air and drops to the "new" surface.

Only happens at your new KMEM... something pretty basic I hope because I like the product.
Above statement is wrong.  I am now seeing this at KLAX regardless of aircraft with or without KMEM active in the scenery library.

Disregard I guess... unless you have a suggestion.  This doesn't appear to be a KMEM induced problem. Sorry and thanks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:00:52 pm by downscc »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »
EDIT:  I need to add this is in P3Dv3.2, my mesh resolution is 2m.

That may just be a P3D bug, I've had planes spawn from a couple hundred feet up. Excessive view and/or airport switching is what triggers it for me.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

bribeth

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »
I have the same problem. I will bounce big time when changing views. I am not sure why it happens here, I have had it happen on a much milder scale, but at KMEM it is obvious and happens when moving or stationary. Happened while parked at the gate, took me far enough off the ground it reset the jetway and pulled away the GSX items.
Brian A. Neuman

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

downscc

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »
Try this.
https://www.rikoooo.com/en/faq/131-frequently-asked-questions/questions-about-simulators-and-add-ons/29-the-eurosquadron-2005

I tried several mesh resolution settings, no this much more severe than I've ever seen before which is why I first thought it was KMEM.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 10:23:54 pm »
FWIW, if you Google the problem you're having, many of the topics have to do with the PMDG 777. Maybe try another plane?

bribeth

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 09:05:25 am »
I was using the NGX....I will try a different one
Brian A. Neuman

FlyingAce

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 10:44:00 pm »
I'm experiencing the same thing, but it's more of a drop rather than a bounce. It happens when switching from a top-down view to any other view. For example if I'm in a top-down view and then switch to spot plane view, the aircraft will be about 50 feet or so up and then drops to the surface. And, the more I zoom out in the top-down view the higher the drop after I switch views. But even in the top-down view, if I change the zoom level, the drop still happens although it's not really visible from that view other than a bit of dust/smoke when the gears hit the ground and an audible sound of the impact.

FWIW, if you Google the problem you're having, many of the topics have to do with the PMDG 777. Maybe try another plane?

It doesn't matter which aircraft is used. The drop happens with any aircraft including default models. So, I decided to do a test to see if it happens at any airport (payware or freeware). I tested it on 3 FlyTampa airports, 2 Orbx airports, 1 FlightBeam airport, 1 ImagineSim airport, 1 Aerosoft airport, 1 freeware airport and 2 FSDT airports. It only happens on the FSDT airfields. I thought it might be Orbx vector causing it because of the Airport Elevation Correction, so I disabled it but the drop still happened. And I've tried to change mesh resolution settings and still no joy. Considering that it's not happening at any of the other airports, I would say it is directly related to FSDT scenery. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 10:47:04 pm »
I'm experiencing the same thing, but it's more of a drop rather than a bounce. It happens when switching from a top-down view to any other view.

If you did this:

There's nothing else you can do.

It is possible the plane would bounce when switching views, and it's simply how the scenery is made, there's nothing we can do about it.

The extremely good fps considering the huge scenery size, is due to some special handling we need to do in order to both preserve fps and memory.

FlyingAce

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 11:38:37 pm »

There's nothing else you can do.

It is possible the plane would bounce when switching views, and it's simply how the scenery is made, there's nothing we can do about it.

The extremely good fps considering the huge scenery size, is due to some special handling we need to do in order to both preserve fps and memory.

No, I haven't tried that yet and quite frankly I don't know how to. Can you please explain how I would get to the YouControl menu options? The only two things I have on YouControl are GSX - Activate Ground Services and Vancouver International Airport.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:14:31 am by FlyingAce »
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 02:30:52 pm »
The only two things I have on YouControl are GSX - Activate Ground Services and Vancouver International Airport.

Do you realize we are discussing of KMEM ?

If you are at Vancouver, it's normal you would see the YouControl menu for the Vancouver airport but that doesn't have the GearBump option, and should't cause any bumps as you described, while it might be possible at KMEM.

FlyingAce

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 05:40:09 pm »
Well, that's funny because the subject of this topic is "Major Bounce" and not "Major Bounce at KMEM".

Ok, I just realized that the "Major Bounce" thread is under KMEM Support topic. I didn't realize this till now as I clicked on a link in google to get here. But that doesn't change the fact that the drop is happening at all your airports. So, what would you like me to do? Post this on every FSDT airport support thread?
Tony B.

pcubine

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 05:56:36 pm »
I believe you wrote the issue occurred a CYVR and KLAX. That is not all the airports. I believe 1 + 1 is 2. Try the General Forum which is a subforum of FSDreamteam Forum.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:59:17 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD