Author Topic: no AItraffic after install trafficX software on lsgg and lszh  (Read 6538 times)

BORRONI

no AItraffic after install trafficX software on lsgg and lszh
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:40:55 pm »
After installing TrafficX ,no Ai traffic on LSGG and LSZH airport.
All others airports work perfectly with this addon.
Any suggestion ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no AItraffic after install trafficX software on lsgg and lszh
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:02:06 pm »
First, ensure you don't have a duplicated AFCAD that came with TrafficX, which might be only good for default Zurich/Geneva, but not for ours. You can use an AFCAD utility like ADE to check for duplicated AFCAD files. There should be only two: the default one from Microsoft and ours. If you see more, delete them.

Also, there's an issue which has been discussed many times already, which makes traffic using FS9 AI models in FSX not compatible with airports using custom runway lights/textures, like Zurich and Geneva. These are not the only airports affected, many recent airports from Aerosoft have the same issue. But ONLY with FS9 AI models, if an AI is compiled for FSX using the FSX SDK, it will not disappear.

A workaround might be turning Off the "Airplane cast Shadows on ground", which will also increase the fps quite a bit.

There was already a thread, just below, about this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1121.0

BORRONI

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 06:53:41 am »
Negative , "Airplane cast Shadows on ground is off" and i have eliminated all lszh and lsgg afcad relative files .
TrafficX of justflight  has native dx10 airplanes for fsx .
In my tests only default traffic  work .

BORRONI

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:42 am »
Riviera jetset scenery it seems the cause of my problem.
Every time that I activate this scenery , the traffic disappears.
P.B.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 07:41:09 am »
That weird that your traffic is not showing. I am using nothing but FS9 AI, specifically WOAI, and all my AI shows. In fact I have over 300 FS9 packages installed and no problems. I don't not use DX10 The only thing I have done to my FS9 AI is to make sure to run the traffic bgl's thru the FS9 to FSX converter, but the aircraft models themselves remain the same. One thing that can make your traffic disappear is if you have an unconverted traffic bgl. If you have an addon scenery that adds its own traffic bgl and you dont convert it that can cause your traffic to disappear .Like if you run the default traffic bgl with an unconverted FS9 traffic bgl together.

Check to see if your Riviera jetset scenery contains its own traffic file. I know that some of the France VFR sceneries come with traffic, like the one for Martinque come with traffic. Find those files and run them thru the traffic bgl converter or remove them and you should get traffic back.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:43:34 am by cmpbllsjc »

danydj718

• FSX and FS9 user
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 12:29:03 pm »
The FVFR traffic files can be removed or even better, give them another name. Those files are in the scenery folder of the FVFR sceneries and are called: trf_xxxx.bgl (e.g. trf_fmee.bgl). I called them trf_xxxx.ori and now I have MyTraffic planes on those airports.
Proud LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KFLL and KDFW owner!

altena

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 06:38:13 pm »
As far as I noticed, the problem indeed shows up if in the FVFR Riviera Jetset scenery directory, the trf_jetset.bgl is active. Simplyrename it to something like trf_jetset.bak. You then can enjoy both: the jetset scenery and AI traffic at the airports.
Henk