Author Topic: Ground Textures and Runway Markings  (Read 7580 times)

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
Ground Textures and Runway Markings
« on: December 14, 2008, 05:07:18 am »
I am getting winter and non-winter ground textures as I moved along the runway. Also, the runway markings disappear.  The attached screenshot shows the winter and non-winter textures and the missing runway markings (number, center line and taxiway line).  I have scanned and found no other LSGG AFCAD file.  I am using the new version of Swiss Pro.  When I deactivated FSDT-LSGG and restarted with just the default LSGG, the problem did not occur.

Marty

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:41:20 am by beckerm13 »
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Textures and Runway Markings
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:04 am »
There is another scenery, or another mesh, in conflict. It might not be necessarily an AFCAD, but can be just a random bgl.

This is not how the scenery looks like, and it's probably due to either another runway from another scenery OR a mesh with the wrong altitude. Check LSGG is at the top priority layer in the scenery library, which is were the installer put it, but if you install something else after that, you need to move the layers again and keep LSGG on top.

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:35:43 pm »
LSGG is installed as the second entry, just under AES as the first.

Marty
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:54:51 pm »
Then it's probably some other scenery which might reside anywhere, like in one of the default FS scenery folder, perhaps a remnant of an old scenery you had and removed.

Also, have you tried disabling AES ? Could be that you are having some AES-related file for Geneva, but the Dreamfactory's one ?

This is how the runway looks like here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Flyingnut

• Flyingnut
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:10:15 pm »
I think maybe AES was the problem.  I removed Dreamfactory LSGG many month ago, but I have also not run AES since removing Dreamfactory LSGG.  On your suggestion, I ran AES and it told me that the Dreamfactory LSGG was not installed anymore and it removed the activated entry.  The texture problem is gone.

Thank you for the idea to check AES!

Marty
Marty
PPL - Instrument Rating

M-Sauce

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 01:36:13 pm »
I don't have AES installed, and my runway textures do not look like that. I get this "ghosted" side stripes that show up on mine, and there is double arrows on the displaced threshold (you can see my pics on my post, tittles Texture Bleed Through)

I'm seeing this on other people's screenshots, so I don't think I'm the only one. And I don't have AES installed.

Mariano  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 02:07:26 pm »
I'm seeing this on other people's screenshots, so I don't think I'm the only one. And I don't have AES installed.

Please, look at my screenshot, this is how Geneva should look like. If it doesn't on your machine, you have another scenery in conflict. Even without AES, there are many sceneries that can create this problem, like an AFCAD for Geneva that comes with a traffic package, for example.