Author Topic: KMEM Dark Everywhere**SOLVED**  (Read 5681 times)

garyghostrider

KMEM Dark Everywhere**SOLVED**
« on: June 04, 2016, 07:48:51 am »
I just downloaded and installed KMEM. For the first time I am seeing a problem I have not experienced with any of my FSDT (or any other) scenery:

Initially I tried restarting COUATL and rebuilding the airport cache. At first I had a few cache rebuild failures. Then I was successful:

and then this:

I have checked through this forum for previous postings and haven't seen any that look like this problem. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing the Addon Manager latest version, uninstalling re-installing KMEM,

and rebuilding my shader cache..I run FTX Global (but not Vector) and I do not have any other KMEM scenery installed.I have checked this scenery during Dusk and night as well. Still the problem persists. Any help appreciated, I have waited a long time for a quality developer such as FSDT to create this airport and at the moment I cannot enjoy it.  :'(

Thanks for any help!!
Gary

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:03:23 am by Alessandro »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KMEM Dark Everywhere
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 12:48:50 pm »
I have checked through this forum for previous postings and haven't seen any that look like this problem.

Exactly, nobody has reported anything similar to this, so it's clearly something very specific in your system. Try to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX - Settings menu, restart the sim and go to KMEM, then exit and check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali for the Couatl.LOG file.

ZIP the file and Attach it to a post.

garyghostrider

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 08:31:12 am »
Okay, I installed GSX and enabled the troubleshoot log feature. Attached is the Couatl.log .zip file. Hopefully it will shed some light on whatever is causing this dark area at KMEM. Thanks for any help!!
Incidently, I also installed this scenery in Prepar3d v3 and it displays just fine. P3D is setup in default mode with FTX Global installed and no other addons.

Gary
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:37:25 am by garyghostrider »

garyghostrider

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:05 am »
I have attached the Couatl.log from Prepar3d for comparison.

Gary

garyghostrider

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:22:00 pm »
Anyone have any ideas, I am fresh out  :-\

Gary

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 08:36:30 pm »
I've only seen that once, a restart of couatl cleared it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

garyghostrider

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 09:00:27 pm »
I have tried restarting COUATL several times with no luck...Is it possible this could be a conflict with SODE or FTX Global...I am perplexed by the fact that KMEM works fine in my P3D install...I have FTX Global installed there as well...maybe no SODE is the answr??

Gary

P.S. I tried reloading FSX with default Display settings and no FTX enabled...Attached is the COUATL_log file after that
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:10:22 pm by garyghostrider »

garyghostrider

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 02:35:18 am »
Well, it's official...whatever is causing trouble with KMEM is also messing up my other FSDT sceneries:

Texture Problems at KMEM

and PHNL

Multiple errors loading KIAH ending up with this mess

Help Please!!!
Gary  :(

garyghostrider

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 08:01:01 am »
Okay everybody, I finally have the solution...To make room on my SSD where FSX is located, I cut and pasted folders from the FSX installation path over to another hard drive. Then is used a symbolic link to connect the new folder location back to FSX. I guess there are components of FSDT/Couatl/Addon manager that didn't like that arrangement. Lesson learned :-)

Gary

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:32 am »
To make room on my SSD where FSX is located, I cut and pasted folders from the FSX installation path over to another hard drive.

You should have have said you moved files from their original installation folder. It won't work with any of our sceneries, unless you *really* know what you are doing (you should edit all the texture.cfg and model.cfg files for all objects).

A symbolic link should be ok, though, and easier to do.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:30:19 pm by virtuali »

garyghostrider

Re: KMEM Dark Everywhere**SOLVED**
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 07:42:20 pm »
You are right, I should have mentioned that I have moved folders to a location other than the original installations. I didn't occur to me that could be the problem because I understood that symbolic junctions are treated by the computer just as if they were in their original positions. Thank you to all who viewed this thread and tried to help get it solved. In the end, I want to thank you for a wonderful product line for FSX that I have enjoyed for years and will continue to do so in the future.

Happy Flying.
Gary