Author Topic: KMEM Stuttering  (Read 53318 times)

okupton

Re: KMEM Stuttering
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 09:16:41 pm »
Just picked up the demo and am noticing the same thing.  I've got several FSDT airports and this is the only one I am having stuttering issues with.  Even though KLAX is harder on frames, it doesn't stutter.  Will hold off on purchasing this one until there's an update.

flapsup

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 12:31:08 pm »
I fixed my issue with stuttering by setting maximum pre rendered frames to 1

okupton

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:48 pm »
thanks for the suggestion, but where is that setting?  I should mention I'm in P3D

flapsup

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2016, 04:29:21 am »
thanks for the suggestion, but where is that setting?  I should mention I'm in P3D
Go to 3D settings in Nvidia CP and under global, change pre render from Use application setting to 1. You can also create a profile for P3D if you wish.

okupton

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2016, 05:49:33 am »
thanks a lot.  Will report back!

AirBorne

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 07:18:52 am »
Here's another report of someone who experiences stutters on final approach and on take off. I do understand everything that's said in this topic, but stuttering is far more than average compared to other high-end sceneries like FlightBeam's KSFO or similar. I'm on P3D v3.3 running an OC'd 6700K on 4.6 GHz with SSD and other high-end components. Is there anything that can be done to reduce this?

Mark

I second that. Did my first landing at this airport, coming from KORD, and the stuttering is just irritating along final approach, like nothing seen before in paid large airport sceneries...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 11:31:53 am »
I second that. Did my first landing at this airport, coming from KORD, and the stuttering is just irritating along final approach, like nothing seen before in paid large airport sceneries...

The previous post seems to indicate the problem can be fixed by changing the maximum pre rendered frames to 1 in the video card settings.

okupton

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 05:35:16 am »
Go to 3D settings in Nvidia CP and under global, change pre render from Use application setting to 1. You can also create a profile for P3D if you wish.

definitely seems better.  Thanks for the tip!  Airport looks great but still have lots of testing to do with the 5 minute demo before I pull the trigger.

don4444

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 11:07:34 pm »
Hi
I tried the above fix using nvidea inspector but it made no difference for me :(
On a happier note I took the plunge with KIAH and love it . It works great and no stutters.
Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 12:02:34 pm »
I tried the above fix using nvidea inspector but it made no difference for me :(

All the previous posters the tried it confirmed it improved quite a bit on their systems. Why you used the nVidia inspector ? That setting can be easily reached just with the default nVidia Control Panel and it's possible the inspector might have added additional registry settings that might cause unknown issues.

maca11

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 11:06:43 pm »
Hello, I changed back to pre-rendered frames to 1. However, still having stutters during landing. Otherwise all ok. Any other idea how to improve ?
Many thanks !
JM

Michael Moe

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 12:44:13 pm »
Hello, I changed back to pre-rendered frames to 1. However, still having stutters during landing. Otherwise all ok. Any other idea how to improve ?
Many thanks !
JM

I tried with 1,2 and 3 pre-rendered and at 3 it is better on my system with GPU at around 50-70% (tip does not work with SLI btw) but still some stutter mostly on touchdown to 27 in this case

Michael Moe

maca11

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2016, 09:41:10 am »
Hello, I have fps at around 26-29, pre-rendered frames set to 1, still having stutters during taxiing and runway take-off and landing.... what could be the other reason ? (sode or other back running app?)...
any other tip ?
many thanks !
JM

gianlucaballoni

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 03:40:13 pm »
Hi guys...
report same problem...micropause on approaching, when taxi to runway and when t/o. Test antipopup settings in addonmanager, but don't resolve, test pre-rendered frame...don't resolve.
I'm very very sad...the scenery are beautiful, perfect fps, perfect performance but with this problem...don't good to fly. Please resolve! :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2016, 03:49:47 pm »
Test antipopup settings in addonmanager, but don't resolve, test pre-rendered frame...don't resolve.

Then I'm sorry, but there's nothing else you can try. Do you have other FSDT sceneries to try ? Do they work differently ?