Author Topic: Runway and Taxiway Center bumps **SOLVED**  (Read 8531 times)

ipg1939

Runway and Taxiway Center bumps **SOLVED**
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:51:54 am »
Ok, Issue i learned about tonight. Set up full proper flight in PMDG MD-11. Push / Start. Once you start rolling over what i am guessing is center line light bumps it resets your V-speeds and take off weights in the FMC. Seems like they might be a bit too bumpy. ? So far this is the only flight i have done out or in KMEM. I will keep testing to see if its just the MD or others.

Just something to look into.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:41:39 pm by virtuali »

Griff

Re: Runway and Taxiway Center bumps
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 05:14:39 am »
Okay, glad to see that I'm not going crazy :-)  The same thing happened to me tonight while taxiing in the MD-11F to RWY 27 via "Victor."   

ipg1939

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 05:26:32 am »
I was stand 251   V to RW27. Exact same thing!

hendopow

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:52 am »
Same thing happened here on taxi and takeoff in the MD-11

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 12:24:23 pm »
You are making it sound as if it was a "bug" or something...It's an feature, which has been made in order to physically simulate a bump, instead of "just" playing a sound...

Yes, the station load is momentarily altered, for a split second, in order to create a physical reaction on the gear shock absorbers. But after less than a second, the weight are restored exactly as they were before.

Are you saying they aren't on that specific plane ?

luggage

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 02:28:05 pm »
For what it’s worth, I don’t think it unreasonable for the other posters (and I) to assume this is a bug, rather than a feature. It isn’t documented on the product page or manual, isn’t present in other sceneries, and terrain elevation issues are pretty common in FSX (especially with third-party meshes installed).

Personally, I don’t like the “feature”. With EZDOK’s landing effect turned on, these bumps don’t so much feel like little imperfections and undulations in the taxiways and runway, so much as it seems the aircraft is travelling over a speed bump every ten feet. The way the view shifts with each bump is quite unpleasant. It would be lovely if there were a way to disable it… would that be hard to implement?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 02:37:34 pm »
With EZDOK’s landing effect turned on, these bumps don’t so much feel like little imperfections and undulations in the taxiways and runway, so much as it seems the aircraft is travelling over a speed bump every ten feet.

That's because these effects are summing up. We obviously tuned it for a default usage.

The way the view shifts with each bump is quite unpleasant.

Again, only because you are summing two addons doing the same thing, if you use it without the landing effects from EZDOC, I guess the effect is not so large, because we obviously tuned it for using it in absence of 3rd party additional effects.

It would be lovely if there were a way to disable it… would that be hard to implement?

It's ALREADY DONE. Check the Live Updates. We now have an additional menu option for KMEM to disable the Gear Bumps effects.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:23:12 pm by virtuali »

luggage

Re: Runway and Taxiway Center bumps **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »
It's ALREADY DONE.

Wow, easy on the all caps. :'( I was just making a suggestion, not trying to be difficult.

Thanks for the update, I'll check it out soon.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 03:20:28 pm »
Wow, easy on the all caps.

The caps meant "I'm excited to say how fast we were able to do this", so you would be extremely impressed by the fact the fix was released 11 minutes after your message...

I was just making a suggestion

Which I duly followed and acted on it. Eleven-minutes-after-your-message including the time to update the server and write a description of the fix on the Live Update notes....and sorry in advance for the italics, just in case...

not trying to be difficult.

I haven't took you comment that way.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:22:51 pm by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »
I did the live update. I'm not seeing the additional option. Where is it located?

Griff

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 06:42:00 pm »
After the update has been completed and Couatl has restarted, hit CTRL-F12 and it should be the first entry listed.  Choose to disable gear bumps.  

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:50:57 pm by Griff »

ipg1939

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 06:48:46 pm »
Anyone having this issue with other air frames or is it just the Maddog? Thanks you FSDT for adding that option.