Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 125153 times)

skipy33

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2016, 08:12:49 am »
Guys,

CONFIRMED!

Here are the 3 simobjectpaths configurations that never cause KMEM to crash on my system:

1°) When I made tests with Umberto (a SODE line missing):
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=FsxAI
SimObjectPaths.8=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.9=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.10=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects

2°) My recent tests (removing XHT APControler lines):
SimObjectPaths.6=E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=FsxAI
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.9=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
NOSimObjectPaths.10=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
NOSimObjectPaths.11=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects

3°) This morning test (removing MytrafficX line):
SimObjectPaths.6=FsxAI
SimObjectPaths.7=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.8=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.9=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.10=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects

I hope SODE team will answer me (or you Umberto?) on this problem and perhaps add the simobjectpaths exclusion parameter in their configuration file to make a test?

Skip.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:14:49 am by skipy33 »

Hnla

« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2016, 03:46:56 pm »
Yep- I've just tested it 3 more times, and it's the line in FSX.CFG with MyTraffic2013 that causes FSX to Crash every time.

What's strange is that I can reproduce the crash in the exact same scenario every single time- but the CTD modules are sometimes G2D.DLL and sometimes they are G3D.DLL...

Without the line in my FSX.CFG the CTD is gone completely
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:55:26 pm by Hnla »

skipy33

« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2016, 03:57:15 pm »
Yep- I've just tested it 3 more times, and it's the line in FSX.CFG with MyTraffic2013 that causes FSX to Crash every time.

Strange because mine doesn't make KMEM crash if I remove Aerosoft or Programdata SODE lines. But I have a new release of Mytraffic, not the 2013. What Simobjectpaths do you have in addition to mytraffic? Only standard Fsx ones?

Skip.

Hnla

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2016, 04:27:25 pm »
I don't own either Aerosoft airports that you are talking about- I do own Aerosoft airports though.

But you also said that if you remove the MyTraffic line in your FSX.cfg that it also fixes crashes for you correct?

What Simobjectpaths do you have in addition to mytraffic? Only standard Fsx ones?

I just reset my FSX.CFG so I have only the standard FSX ones and:

Code: [Select]
simobjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\aircraft
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:39:00 pm by Hnla »

skipy33

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »
Well,

Strange that only Mytraffic2013 causes the crash. But why not? As I said not there are not the same objects in it than in my new version of Mytraffic Pro 6.

I said I made a test where I've removed from scenery.cfg the path to mytraffic. So no AI Traffic at all as the mytraffic BGL files were not loaded. And I had a crash too.

IN MY OPINION the problem is around the simobjectpaths and SODE. It's the only link I can make between KMEM and simobjectpaths other than SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc where are stocked FSDT simobjects. Of course I can't explain it (and it's not my role to do that) but if you look at SODE log you can see it is scanning all simobjectpaths at startup.  

After that if SODE is bugging while drawing the scenery because of too many or "bad" objects found, I think it would be possible to get G2D, G3D or even "unknown" module crash in error log depending on the exact time the bug happens.

One again it would be interesting to keep mytraffic active (or Aerosoft XHT airports) but tell SODE not to scan this folder.

PS: The Aerosoft airports I'm talking about are using a SODE equivalent tool named XHT APControler. And this tool is based on simobjects too.

Skip.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:15:33 pm by skipy33 »

Hnla

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »
Interestingly enough , I have received unknown crashes from KMEM.

Hey Skip, try this scenario :

With Mytraffic enabled,

1. Load up Default trike and go to KMEM

2. Go up to "map" , and position ur aircraft a little bit away from KMEM so that the airport is out of loading range. Put it like 2,000 ft in the air.

3. Load it, then slew the trike right above KMEM so the sim loads the entire scenery.

4. change the sim to Night time. see if you get a crash. This is where I can produce a G2D crash every-time. Without Mytraffic, issue gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skipy33

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2016, 06:02:38 pm »
I've already perform all possible tests ... Including approach from 30NM, with or without aircraft shadows  and changing day to night. See my previous post: With 3 different simobjectpaths lists where I remove something I have no more crash whatever I'm doing with KMEM.

So I have a workaround to use KMEM on my system with My Traffic Pro 6 enable and that's the most important. I just wish someone, FSDT or SODE will find the root cause of this behaviour and perhaps a fix (or a setting) not to modify Fsx.cfg each time I want to Fly Memphis.

Skip.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2016, 06:16:22 pm »
The Aerosoft airports I'm talking about are using a SODE equivalent tool named XHT APControler. And this tool is based on simobjects too.

From what I'm able to find, APController appears to be for XP10.  X Plane sceneries being ported to FSX now?   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Hnla

« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2016, 06:21:52 pm »
So with my scenario you DO have a crash with G2D.DLL with Mytraffic? Your explanation aren't very clear. If we can find a crash with the exact same scenario than maybe we can find causality.   

Hnla

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2016, 06:26:02 pm »
I guess if it's just being caused by some sim objects paths in The FSX.Cfg ... But I can't see any relationship between the Aerosoft and Mytraffic

skipy33

« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2016, 07:03:06 pm »
OK, I try to answer you clearly:

1°) I'm able to load KMEM without any crash using MyTraffic Pro V6 but I have to remove either Aerosoft or SODE Programdata simobjectpaths (I have 9 airports using SODE in addition to FSDT ones) from my Fsx.cfg to do it. 

2°) Some Aerosoft airports like Split X or Prag use a tool similar to SODE that  needs some simobjectpaths to be added (as My Traffic and SODE need  simobjetcpaths to be added).

In you case you have ONLY My Traffic2013 simobjectpaths added in your Fsx.cfg but it is sufficiant to cause a crash. I can't explain why because I don't have the same release of MyTraffic and certainly not the same configuration (hardware & system).

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:42 pm »
Guys, it could be very tricky to test issues caused by Traffic. That's because you should:

- Have exactly the same Traffic addon release.

- Have both the exact Traffic schedule, which might change depending on the updates you installed to it and the settings in the AI Traffic utilities. I see that MyTraffic can be very complex to configure with many different traffic options.

- Start the sim at exactly the same time of the day and day of the year (in the sim).

- Set the traffic density slider at exactly the same value.

- Start your flight at the same position.

Only then, you can be reasonably sure you have the same set of AI models loaded. Because, a crash happening only on a specific airport, that goes away if you disable AI traffic, it's surely some kind of problem of missing/corrupted textures or models file for a specific AI variant that appear only at that time of day, day of week and date, with a specific traffic density and schedule, only at a specific parking spot and, possibly, even at a specific distance from the user (only one LOD might have issues)

But if it goes away by disabling traffic, you can be 100% sure it's an AI!

skipy33

« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2016, 11:36:08 pm »
Hi Umberto,

As clearly explain, I don't have any problem with MyTraffic Pro and KMEM. I can say the Fedex Hub is very nice with plenty of Fedex birds on it!

I won't perform any new test without a new release of SODE or KMEM to check if I can fly using my original simobjectpaths configuration without crashing Fsx. I think my post this morning is clear: There is no specific incompatibility between products but a problem when all my products are set in simobjectpaths list and approaching or loading KMEM.

Skip.

Hnla

« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:07 pm »
OK- So i tested out weather simply sliding the traffic slider back down to 0% would fix my crashes and it did. So it's some corrupted thing with my AI, I'll do a re-install and report back later

skipy33

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »
ARGHHH!!!!

So I thought I have a workaround removing APControler simobjectpaths lines from Fsx.cfg... But not at all!!!! I try today to perform a normal flight from Roma to Memphis with PMDG777 and ASN and arriving at 9.7NM on ILS 27 Fsx crashes!

Application Error: [1000] Nom de l’application défaillante fsx.exe, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb14.Nom du module défaillant : g2d.dll, version : 10.0.61637.0, horodatage : 0x46fadb58.Code d’exception : 0xc0000005.Décalage d’erreur : 0x00085da0.ID du processus défaillant : 0x1d44.Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d1cea09da61b53.Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : E:\FsX\fsx.exe.Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: E:\FsX\g2d.dll.ID de rapport : 1cd3dcaa-3ad7-11e6-b5ba-c86000cc4d68

Application Error: [1000] Nom de l’application défaillante couatl.exe, version : 3.1.0.3487, horodatage : 0x575eda1f.Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 6.1.7601.23418, horodatage : 0x5708a73e.Code d’exception : 0xc0000374.Décalage d’erreur : 0x000ce843.ID du processus défaillant : 0x111c.Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d1cea0b55f9ad1.Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : E:\FsX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll.ID de rapport : 1fdf2c43-3ad7-11e6-b5ba-c86000cc4d68

SODE log file shows LIRF SODE Jetways loading then every minutes until the crash the following error:
[15:16:18.148] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### FILTERING OBJECTS WITHIN SIM RADIUS OF 24000m
[15:16:18.148] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### Active SimObjects: 0; Active Wind Data Probes: 0
[15:16:18.172] ERROR SODE.FSLOOP : SimConnect EXCEPTION! ID=31

And the last one:
[15:16:50.473] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : SeasonalObjectHandler: Refreshing Season/Time Data...
[15:17:14.458] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Cleaning up Memory...
[15:17:14.460] DEBUG SODE.FSPROCESS : Closing Connection to FS.
[15:17:14.560] INFO  : Terminate SODE.

WHY CAN'T I USE THIS PRODUCT AS I USE ALL THE OTHER AIRPORTS I HAVE?

I will try to make the same tests I performed with the lerar 45 but with PMDG777 to see if the VAS remaining when aproaching KMEM is the problem.

Skip.