Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 123874 times)

Hnla

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2016, 07:04:07 pm »
Well never mind! I was doing a flight into KMEM and on Approach I got a FSX CTD, however it was caused by "G3D.DLL"...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2016, 10:17:55 pm »
That's interesting to know but, when I made the test, I had the airplane shadows enabled. I did it again just to confirm it, and I cannot see any crashes approaching the airport with aircraft shadows enabled.

Do you have FSX SP2, Acceleration or Steam ?

skipy33

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2016, 10:46:04 pm »
Hi,

FSX Acceleration. I tried to take off from KHEE with aicraft shadow on and set it off before heading to KMEM... And got the CTD. I'll make to more tries:
- One manually setting shadow to off before loading the flight at KHEE
- One with shadow on but at night.....

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2016, 11:39:22 pm »
Hi,

FSX Acceleration. I tried to take off from KHEE with aicraft shadow on and set it off before heading to KMEM... And got the CTD. I'll make to more tries:
- One manually setting shadow to off before loading the flight at KHEE
- One with shadow on but at night.....

Skip.

1st result at night: Shadows enabled in fsx.cfg. take off from KHEE then approaching KMEM heading 090. At 10NM couatl or bglman disabled shadows. No CTD. I crossed a strange "blurry wall" appeared suddenly at 6NM inbound MEM VOR. Landing OK rwy 09. Shadows automaticaly actvated (as usual on some FSDT sceneries).

It seems CTD occurs by day when FSDT automaticaly changes shadows setting when it is set in Fsx.cfg at FSX launch (so changing the setting manually after FSX starts has no effect on CTD). Have to confirm tomorrow.

Good night.

Hnla

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2016, 12:31:20 am »
It seems that this airport is too complex for Flight Sim... oh well. Shame it's so beautiful. Time to uninstall

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2016, 01:41:04 pm »
It seems CTD occurs by day when FSDT automaticaly changes shadows setting when it is set in Fsx.cfg at FSX launch (so changing the setting manually after FSX starts has no effect on CTD).

It occurs on YOUR system!! I made all the possible tests, and there's are no issues whatsoever with the automatic enabling/disabling of the airplane shadows the Addon Manager does like ANY other FSDT scenery. I don't have any crashes, regardless if the shadows were enabled or not in the FSX.CFG

Note that, the FSX.CFG itself is not touched by the Addon Manager. It will be FSX *itself* that will update it to the current settings, when you exit from FSX.

The only difference is, I'm using FSX:SE, while you use Acceleration. We are not aware if there were issues or bugs or limitations in FSX Acceleration related to the handling of shadows that has been fixed by FSX:SE, but maybe this is the case. We have another system with FSX SP2 that we can try.

skipy33

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Yes it's on MY SYSTEM with FSX Acceleration who always ran very well with all FSDT products I have.... and I love. But right now I have this problem with KMEM and the only workaround I have is to arrive by night or to disable aircraft shadow (too bad for my snapshots I post on FB).

I discovered I have to update KIAH as well (yes had decrypting error messages when I wanted to check if the problem appears here too). But you know what? With the latest release of addon manager (3.0.0.14) I can't even start FSX now! FSX crahes.

Restoring previous release of bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe allows me to run Fsx but of course I have some problem when invoking GSX... Couatl stops.

So right now I'm very confused...

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2016, 09:58:38 pm »
Oh oh... Another brand new addon manager even if the same release number 3.0.0.14. Still crashing FSX because of the same bglmanx.dll but using the 3.0.013 release I can start FSX again and get GSX working on both KIAH and KMEM :-). But always a problem with aircraft shadow set active even starting directly on the runway.

To be continued with later updates...

Skip.

adf714

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2016, 10:16:47 pm »
Hello,

I'm getting a CTD every time I try and launch KMEM, though I'm not sure what's causing it because the error log is vague. Here is the report:

Code: [Select]
Fault bucket 847354549, type 25
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.3.5.17625
P3: 5758bb31
P4: StackHash_0a9e
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000005
P8: ffb301b7
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREC9F.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_576d172f9de54bea232825b2f3bdb5fdc1751_0a2b1ed6

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: cb74364b-3723-11e6-a865-001d92afd7f8
Report Status: 0

skipy33

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2016, 09:35:44 am »
Hi Guys,

As I can start Fsx now I've found a workaround with the 3.0.014 bglmanx.dll problem, I performed another interesting test to help in solving AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS problem.

I use a situation file with QW 757 at KMEM gate.
1st test:
- AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1 in Fsx.cfg
- Start FSX and arriving on free flight menu
- Run the loaded situation
- Result is OK: QW 757 is at the gate with a nice shadow on apron

2nd test:
- AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0 in Fsx.cfg
- Run the loaded situation
- Result is OK: QW 757 is at the gate without shadow on apron

3rd test:
- Set in display parameters aircraft shadow active
- Run the loaded situation => FSX crashes on unknown module?

Very strange... I was wondering too if "Usepools" settings could have an impact on the behaviour.  Does FSDT has a recomandation on this setting? Usepools=0 or 1? Let FSX deal with that and don't specify anything?

Umberto, what do you have on your system?

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2016, 05:11:42 pm »
3rd test:
- Set in display parameters aircraft shadow active
- Run the loaded situation => FSX crashes on unknown module?

Tried the exact, same test, no crashes at all. Tried twice, just to be sure.

Very strange... I was wondering too if "Usepools" settings could have an impact on the behaviour.  Does FSDT has a recomandation on this setting? Usepools=0 or 1? Let FSX deal with that and don't specify anything?

I don't have any Usepools line in my FSX.CFG.

skipy33

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto,

If you use FSX:SE I read that the buffer pool mechanism has been optimized on this version and set by default. I removed the usepools=0 I put to increase Fps some time ago but no effect on my problem.

Some times ago I have both SP2 and Acc switch capacity on my system because some sceneries ran very bad on Acc (and very well on SP2!). Perhaps it's a typical Fsx Acc bug.

My last try will be to make a test with "default Fsx.cfg, exe.xml and dll.xml" to be sure I don't have a setting's problem.

BTW I don't understand why Fsx crashes at startup with latest addon manager 3.0.0.14 and starts well with 3.0.0.13 version of bglmanx.dll.

Regards,

Skip.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2016, 06:24:57 pm »
BTW I don't understand why Fsx crashes at startup with latest addon manager 3.0.0.14 and starts well with 3.0.0.13 version of bglmanx.dll.

It doesn't crash with any of them, here. Could you please reinstall now and be ABSOLUTELY sure you turn off the antivirus when installing ?

skipy33

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2016, 12:27:43 am »
Umberto,

I always set off my AV when downloading and installing FSDT products... I remember the time Norton deleted the airports installer as soon as it was downloaded lol.

Ok. So I downloaded once again addonmanagerX and ran setup. I can see a new version of bglmanx.dll was there even if always marked 3.0.0.14 (the new file size is 1770K against 1809K for the previous one).

Fsx starts again :-).

But I have still my bug with aircraft shadows management at Memphis (no problem at Houston). I'm searching now around Usepools an my graphic card driver... But perhaps simply a g2d.dll problem with Acceleration pack (noone in dev team has Fsx acc ?).

Skip.

Skip.

skipy33

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2016, 01:21:52 am »
Sorry Umberto but after hours of testing I had to go back to the 3.0.13 bglmanx.dll. This one is more stable with my system as I have "only" the crash approaching KMEM by day with aircraft shadow set. No other problem loading for example QW757 at gate by day with shadows on!

With the latest bglmanx.dll, no crash at fsx startup now but too many crashes just after when loading the scenery (it was impossible for example to load QW757 at gate even without shadow, by day or night). Always g2d.dll in Windows log :-(.

I will test every new release of bglmanx.dll at it seems a lot of changes are made this days.

Skip.