Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 125257 times)

AirbusA330

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2016, 10:57:48 pm »
AirbusA330, do you plan I having a teamviewer session with Umberto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't plan that the next days due to important exams at university. After that, it depends on Umberto. If he is interested in that, I would of cause do that.

shurendy

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2016, 12:29:59 am »
I'm having the same problem, everytime a load kmem or near kmem ctd. If Umberto want i can teamview with him.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2016, 03:01:11 pm »
Umberto, I am wondering if this problem has something to do with Ultimate Traffic 2 injeting AI aircraft (possibly made for FS9) into the airport parking spaces.

I have stopped UT2 from running the FDX AI and have yet to produce another crash.

These two reports seems to be interesting and yes, it's possible.

G2D.DLL has usually something to do with Gauges but, it might be also used when processing textures, and using AI planes made for FS9 usually has issues with textures (for example, they appear white under DX10).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:51:03 pm by virtuali »

nitsaw

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2016, 07:36:51 pm »
Hello All,

Seems I may have found the causes of the g2d.dll crash! It seems for me its Ezdok! If I start FSX then switch to task manager and close Ezdok then start a flight at KMEM the g2d.dll crash has stopped happeing! Once FSX is loaded just go into the Ezdok folder and restart Ezdok. I did have FSX crash upon loading FSX two more times after using this trick but they weren't g2d.dll. One was d2d1.dll and comsvsc.dll so possibly related to something else.

ipg1939

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »
Back to the top.

Wise87

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2016, 04:50:43 pm »
I also use EZdok and UT. I don't see how it could be EZDok as it loads way before you even load an aircraft or select an airport. Also some users have reported the crash flying into Memphis from other airports. What I have seen on my system is if I make any updates with any part of of FSDT software I will get an initial g2d.dll error but after first restart I very seldom see the problem.

Example: I have the majority of FSDT scenery. The last one I bought was KMEM. Than I decided to by the older KFLL. After I installed KFLL I got the G2dll error loading up at KMEM. I had not seen the error in several days until I installed KFLL. I figured KFLL installed older files so I ran KMEM setup again. This time the sim loaded up fine at KMEM both times I tried. One strange issue I did see is even though I entered the registration information, I flew into KFLL from KATL and when I arrived the scenery was not active but it showing active and registered in the manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masondom

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2016, 08:16:36 am »
Same problem here too.
On approach, around 5-10 nm from the threshold, while loading KMEM.
Taken off from KLIT with a NGX
FSX SP2, Active Sky, mid-end hardware configuration.

Best
Dom

ipg1939

« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 05:11:07 am »
Any update on this? Its obviously a FSDT KMEM issue....  Lets just get this issue resolved. Accept the issue is with the scenery and lets move forward. We can all forget that is wasn't ready for FSX on release. I'm sure we would all like to have the scenery working as opposed to getting a refund and giving the product back.

I would like to see a update for this error we are experiencing.

Thank you

Yorik C

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
Any update on this?

There has been many updates from our side. Almost everybody reported these has been fixed in several ways, either by installing the current version our our software but, most commonly, fixing/updating OTHER addons which were the cause.

Its obviously a FSDT KMEM issue.... 

Most of the users who reported their crashes fixed, confirmed it was something ELSE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2016, 12:22:43 pm »
FSX SP2, Active Sky, mid-end hardware configuration.

This user said he fixed his crashes by updating ASN and FSUIPC:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13764.msg102158.html#msg102158

My crashes were from ASN and I just fixed them by a reinstall of ASN and FSUPIC

ipg1939

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:09 pm »
HMMMMMMM, Strange cause my sim was running just great up until the moment i installed FSDT Memphis. At which point i had to work for 2 solid days just to get the sim running. So, I am guessing all these other people probably had operational simulators as well. I don't know what happened to you in the last years but thing sure have turned "typical" in this forum. Another sim software company that blames everyone else for issues with the product the released not ready.

Now, Thank you for the news on fixing some issues and updating the software. I will run these on my PC and see how things go.

Yorik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 11:11:16 pm »
HMMMMMMM, Strange cause my sim was running just great up until the moment i installed FSDT Memphis.

Are you still referring to the past ? Do you still have crashes NOW ?

At which point i had to work for 2 solid days just to get the sim running.

So it's running NOW, with KMEM too ?

So, I am guessing all these other people probably had operational simulators as well. I don't know what happened to you in the last years but thing sure have turned "typical" in this forum. Another sim software company that blames everyone else for issues with the product the released not ready.

I still are missing the point. I said two separate things:

1) We had several updates for KMEM during the last days. THIS part of the sentence means we surely had some issues, but we acted on them.

AND

2) There were many cases of crashes which were instead caused by conflicts with other addons. This IS fact. We acted on this, by suggesting users some potential causes and in some cases helping directly over Teamviewer, to identify which 3rd party product was the real cause.

This means, we did our part, but we are also blaming other software, because several of the reported crashes which were initially mistakenly attributed to some kind of problem with KMEM, were in fact NOT caused by it.

You are making it sound as if we refused to acknowledge ANY problem with KMEM, which is obviously untrue and the updates are there to prove it.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2016, 05:06:23 am »
Just tried the latest installer, same issue, instantaneous g2d crash as soon as FSX finishes loading.
John Bauer

Wise87

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:59 am »
Great, just did the latest update and now I get the G2D.dll error again. It was working fine until then for a week.  An I'm not uninstalling EzDok to get it it too work. Also to add, I disable EzDok and updated ASN, turned off UT2 and I still get the error.

Just a followup. After a reboot from the last update I was able to load KMEM twice.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:08:48 am by Wise87 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2016, 01:46:57 pm »
Just tried the latest installer, same issue, instantaneous g2d crash as soon as FSX finishes loading.

The usual question: which other 3rd party modules you have installed ? Ezdok maybe ?

ASN ? Do you have the latest version of it AND the latest version of FSUIPC ?