Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122795 times)

AirbusA330

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 04:16:46 am »
I also get g3d.dll crashes about every second time I load KMEM. I get the crashes mainly at daytime - didn't experience one at night yet.

This seems to be different, and it's the first report ever. Which version of the sim you use ?

I use FSX+SP2. But I only had the chance to do about 6-10 test runs today. So my testing may not be sufficient yet. That the crashes only occured at daytime could have happened randomly.

tristar1011

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:16 am »
Same problem. Randomly crashes after loading at daytime (FSX SP2)...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 10:09:07 am »
Wrong, I use Accel, and I am getting constant CTD when the airport first loads.

What do you mean "wrong" ?

I haven't said *nobody* uses Acceleration, but the vast majority of crash report are from SP2, you are one of the minority using Acceleration that are reporting a crash.

Wise87

KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 01:30:02 pm »
I take it your receiving emails about the same problem from folks who are not posting on the form?

Just to add when I get the crashes the last things I see is SOD message is complete and goes away and then the texture is loading then I see what looks like little pyramids all over the place as the final texture loads than it's followed by the crash notification. I'll try or if someone else can capture a video of that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 04:20:56 pm »
then I see what looks like little pyramids all over the place as the final texture loads than it's followed by the crash notification. I'll try or if someone else can capture a video of that will help.

Ok, I understand.

Do you have this 100% of the time ? If yes, I would really like to have a Teamviewer session with you, because I wasn't able to replicate it yet. And I'm installing all sort of random stuff (airplanes, sceneries, etc.) in FSX, just trying to to make it crash, without success...

Wise87

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »
I'm not available until 1600 CST in the US. Over the last two days the crash has been hit or miss. No were near as often as it was the first two days. I would say I'm at 60/40 success rate.  I do have a video were the scenery is loading but it doesn't crash on this one. Trying to capture next time it happens.

EDDT-Sebi

• FSX
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »
Hello Support,

FSX SP2 (ORBX, EZDOK), Crash...by KMEM Airport... see to video..
https://youtu.be/XgyOK4FBBF0

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb14
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: g2d.dll, Version: 10.0.61637.0, Zeitstempel: 0x46fadb58
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00085da6
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1e7c
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d1c0c44176df9c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\g2d.dll
Berichtskennung: f07bbc7f-2cb8-11e6-9007-24fd523a9978

I try by other KIAH, KJFK... work fine, problem for KMEM..!!

regard
Sebastian

I am deaf. Though i try my very best
my linguistic possibilities are limited:
i will make mistakes.

AirbusA330

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 06:22:38 pm »
I take it your receiving emails about the same problem from folks who are not posting on the form?

Just to add when I get the crashes the last things I see is SOD message is complete and goes away and then the texture is loading then I see what looks like little pyramids all over the place as the final texture loads than it's followed by the crash notification. I'll try or if someone else can capture a video of that will help.

I've the exact same phenomenon. I also see something like little pyramids all over the airport seconds before the CTD occurs.
It also often looks like in the Video of EDDT-Sebi.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:31:27 pm by AirbusA330 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 08:16:01 pm »
FSX SP2 (ORBX, EZDOK), Crash...by KMEM Airport... see to video..

Ok, it's not easy to see it very well, but it seems the crash happened *after* the scenery finished loading, right ? Please contact me by PM, I would like to arrange a Teamviewer session to have a look at it.

AirbusA330

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 10:24:27 pm »
Yes, on my system it also looks more like it occurs shortly after loading is finished.

Wise87

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 10:35:48 pm »
I won't be home till late and I believe VirtualI is in Europe. Somebody who is around please PM him so he can use team viewer to troubleshoot the problem.

ipg1939

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 09:23:38 am »
Are you making any progress on this issue? KMEM is basically a game of Russian roulette when trying to fly in or out of it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 11:30:46 am »
Are you making any progress on this issue? KMEM is basically a game of Russian roulette when trying to fly in or out of it

I had a very long Teamviewer session last night ( it lasted until 2:05 AM my time ) with an user that had a 100% replicable crash at KIAH and KMEM as soon the scenery finished loading. According to the Windows Event Viewer, the crash happened in FSX.EXE, in the MSVCR120.DLL module.

After trying everything, including sending him different specially made test versions of the Addon Manager that included all sort of diagnostics, I started looking for conflicts caused by other modules.

And guess what, we found it was the Addon Converter X.dll. As soon we removed this from starting up, the crashes at start were gone! According to the description on its website, this module seems to be able to convert planes/scenery originally made for FS9 on the fly, while the sim is running, which seems to be a bit dangerous. Unfortunately, their support forum has been hijacked by spammers for years, so I guess there's nobody left at home to fix anything or give help.

He also had lots of AI originally made for FS9 (that's why he probably had the Addon Convert module installed in the first place) so he also had other *random* crashes, probably because of issues caused by specific AI models with issues, but they were gone depending on the starting gate or the starting time, suggesting it was something AI-related. He'll probably try to switch to a better AI traffic package, one made for FSX.

But with 0% AI or when we found a time/starting position where the supposedly botched AI wouldn't appear, GSX and the scenery were working perfectly fine, including SODE jetways.

I have another Teamviewer session scheduled for this evening, with an user having the G2D.DLL crash, hopefully we'll find something similar.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:47:02 pm by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 02:10:34 pm »
This is great news. I'm glad to see FSDT going the extra step to help the customer.

AirbusA330

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »
Thank you for doing this extra work Umberto. I hope you can identify the problem with the g3d.dll crash.