Author Topic: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help  (Read 122796 times)

Wise87

Re: KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:14 pm »
Just a followup on my KMEM experience. This is day 3 of using this scenery. Today I decided to give it another shot. I made no changes to my system. Today I was able to load up at KMEM 5 times with no G2D.dll errors. I figured I fly the same route that always crashed my sim as I stated before in earlier post. Today I was able to sucessfully fly from KSDF to KMEM on the Bluzz1 arrival to 36R.

I will keep flying this route to make sure this was not a fluke. I still think there is something wrong that needs to be looked at. Too many other users are still reporting the same issue.

Sploosh

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 12:16:11 am »
I can do this, too - that is, fly from another airport TO KMEM. However, if I fly a route starting AT KMEM, by loading KMEM as the start airport, I get a fatal error. If I load to a random airport first, then load KMEM as the start airport, KMEM loads fine, and a complete flight works for me fine.

The big difference is either loading KMEM as the starting airport (fatal error) or loading a random airport first, let everything load in and settle, then select KMEM after the first random, but unnecessary, airport. I don't know enough about this error, or why it happens to give any other helpful info, yet.

Hnla

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 05:31:22 am »
While I am experiencing crashes too, I fear that this problem is not because of FSDT or of KMEM, but I fear that these crashes are from FSX responding to the scenery just overloading FSX in general..(.Again- this is of no fault of FSDT!) KMEM has been released, and BANG- we were presented with so many new innovative new features and FSX seems to trip and fall overtime that KMEM is loaded. Sometimes it gets back up for me.. but we have to accept that FSX just is plain and simple becoming unable to keep up with the demands..

It just sucks we have such an old sim... I haven't heard of Fatal Errors from P3D... maybe it's time for switch...

ipg1939

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 08:21:34 am »
Damn dude, You a car salesmen? You're good.  

When P3D isn't a Beta program. Then, Maybe ill switch.  If KMEM is overloading FSX and crashing it. Guess what. Its a KMEM issue and needs to be "tuned and optimized " to work better with FSX, Since over 80% of simmers still utilize FSX as the primary software. If it cant be made to work with it, it shouldn't have been sold saying it would.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:24:00 am by ipg1939 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 11:44:09 am »
I am going to hope the silence from FSDT is them working hard on maing the scenery proper.

I cannot replicate either the G2D.DLL crash. In order to be able to start to investigate how to fix something, we would first need something or a procedure we can replicate.

I tried doing what has been suggested here, like starting a flight at KMEM or switch back and for to another airport, it doesn't make any difference, and I'm still unable to see any crashes.

My default flight in FSX starts at KMEM,  and for the  past month I started and restarted it hundreds of times per day. It where was a problem like that, it should be easy to spot.

HOWEVER, I would like to note that we all use FSX:SE, which is the current version of FSX. It's *possible* this might be a problem with FSX SP2 only, maybe it's JUST too much texture memory used, and FSX:SE is more conservative with memory.

Are you all using FSX-SP2 or FSX+Acceleration ? Is anyone using FSX:SE having crashes ?

A possible way to test this, could be reducing the Texture resolution, for example at 1024x1024, and see if it makes any difference.

Wise87

KMEM still crashing (CTD), FSDT please help
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »
FSX - Acceleration here.

I wonder if this video may help some. I'm not home to test it out.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehap3i62GhM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:34:30 pm by Wise87 »

JayBob

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 07:04:12 pm »
I am going to hope the silence from FSDT is them working hard on maing the scenery proper.

Are you all using FSX-SP2 or FSX+Acceleration ? Is anyone using FSX:SE having crashes ?

A possible way to test this, could be reducing the Texture resolution, for example at 1024x1024, and see if it makes any difference.

I have a post about My PMDG J4100 but I'm finding more planes with g2d.dll  problems at KMEM , Mine crashes in both FSX+Acceleration  and FSX-SE with the g2d.dll error manually setting the FSX.CFG to 1024x1024x32 had no effect . FYI My FSX_SE is running OEM textures and FSX all Orbx , both are running GSX, and Active Sky on NVidia GSX460 GPU's and Win7 Ultimate.

(ON Mine) FSX crashes wile your sitting at the airport watching the scenery loading and SE before you even spawn at the airport. FSX PMDG 744 works fine, Oem 744 doesn't
 PMDG J4100 doesn't but the Majestic Q400 works fine. for the guys with some  planes that work at MEM and some that don't, try loading your plane at a different field set you view to external then move to KMEM the Airport will load fine for Me with the J4100 until I jump back to the cockpit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 07:09:15 pm »
As I've said in my previous message, a possible way to test this, could be reducing the Texture resolution, for example at 1024x1024, and see if it makes any difference.

AirbusA330

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 07:35:34 pm »
I also get g3d.dll crashes about every second time I load KMEM. I get the crashes mainly at daytime - didn't experience one at night yet. Texture resolution is at 1024x1024
The CTDs occur only when KMEM is loaded into the sim. No difference between starting a flight at KMEM or switching from another airport to KMEM. When KMEM got loaded successful with no CTD, I can maneuver around the airport without any problem. So either it crashes directly when KMEM is loaded or it does not crash at all. Standard aircraft were used for testing.
FSX with SP2
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:39:42 pm by AirbusA330 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »
I also get g3d.dll crashes about every second time I load KMEM. I get the crashes mainly at daytime - didn't experience one at night yet.

This seems to be different, and it's the first report ever. Which version of the sim you use ?

maxhades

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 11:39:53 pm »
I always fly with 1024x1024 textures set it the cfg! I have FSX SP2! And i do have the g2d.dll CTD! My sim crashes short after loading the airport! So that means the airport is not full loaded!

Max
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:42:33 pm by maxhades »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 11:49:47 pm »
Ok, right now, the only thing that seems consistent across all reports, is the crashes are happening mostly in FSX SP2 (maybe there's a connection between the strange objects in the air), but are very rare in FSX+Acceleration or FSX:SE or P3D.

Hnla

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 12:45:23 am »
Ok, right now, the only thing that seems consistent across all reports, is the crashes are happening mostly in FSX SP2 (maybe there's a connection between the strange objects in the air), but are very rare in FSX+Acceleration or FSX:SE or P3D.

Wrong, I use Accel, and I am getting constant CTD when the airport first loads.

ipg1939

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 01:29:28 am »
Yup, What he said . I am FSX and Accel. Same CTD
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:10:20 am by virtuali »

Wise87

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 01:39:50 am »
FSX Accel here also if you missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk