Author Topic: Cannot acess tower features in avatar mode  (Read 11699 times)

mashmanz

Cannot acess tower features in avatar mode
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:31:42 am »
Hi,

Whenever I go into avatar mode and bring up the menu to use the features, when ever I click on the warp avatar to base of tower or anything to do with the tower, the menu just closes with nothing happening. Also when my avatar goes near the tower (walking ther manually) it just goes crazy and I loose control of him. I have the latest version of everything like GSX etc and I am running P3D V3.2.

Many Thanks
Mattew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot acess tower features in avatar mode
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:00:51 am »
Does the Warp commands work for the airplane ?

mashmanz

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:02:45 am »
Yes it does, I can warp the aircraft to places like the hangar, but its just features for the avatar that don't seem to work.

Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 02:04:42 am »
Strange. I cannot reproduce it, and nobody else reported it so far. It's happening only close to the tower or in other places ? What happens if you try to walk into a normal building with the avatar ?

mashmanz

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 02:09:08 am »
Its happening when i'm just at the airport, at any gate. my avatar can walk through the buildings, but when i walk near the tower entrance i just loose all control over the avatar. I have tried to re install the scenery twice now, but it has not changed anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 02:17:53 am »
Its happening when i'm just at the airport, at any gate. my avatar can walk through the buildings

This is a problem too. At KMEM, the Avatar is NOT supposed to walk through the buildings, they should stop him. Do the collision work with the airplane, instead ?

schroeder

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 06:14:51 am »
Hi Virtuali,

I´ve got similar problems.
My Avatar is able to walk through walls and the "Warp Avatar to..." Functions of the GSX Menu doesn´t work.
I´m able to open the tower- and elevatordoors with the GSX menu, but the elevator doesn´t move. I´ve got control of the avatar.

Greetings from Germany..
Bernd

Edit: Problem solved! Towerview and avatar-warps working well with the default Avatars! I´ve tried to use it with Dino Cattaneos military avatars! My fault...
But I´m still able to walk through the walls...
Take care
Bernd
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:20:07 am by schroeder »

mobidy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 09:13:39 am »
I have the same problem! My avatar doen'nt move using the menphis airport menu. Is it possible some conflict with some other addon (ezca etc etc)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 12:36:42 pm »
Is it possible some conflict with some other addon (ezca etc etc)?

Yes, it's possible. EZCA is known to have caused issues in the past with GSX, likely due to some way it handles the keyboard. And, it's possible there might be issue with the camera views, especially if you don't use a default camera.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 12:38:27 pm »
Edit: Problem solved! Towerview and avatar-warps working well with the default Avatars! I´ve tried to use it with Dino Cattaneos military avatars! My fault...

We'll check this. It seems strange, because we don't do any assumptions on the avatar name.

But I´m still able to walk through the walls...

You shouldn't, unless something has changed in your Avatar config file due to the installation of the addon one, so it's not a "real" Avatar anymore.

tod

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 10:41:42 pm »
I have the same issue. Not using EZCA or modified Avatar. My Avatar is default. I can select *Warp to ...* but nothing happens. Manually walking to the Control Tower I can walk thru the door and thru the elevator. The control tower base door does not automatically open for me. The YouControl Menu works for airplane and I can warp to the Fedex hangar, open/close hangar door, control lights, etc. Its just the Avatar mode that does not want to work. I have reinstalled once and rebooted after each install. No difference. Hopefully, this is something on my end that I can easily fix but thought to let you and other posters here know that I am experiencing the same issue.
Asus P8P67 EVO Mobo B3 Rev
Intel i7 2600K 3.4GHZ OC @ 4.6GHZ
2 x 2GB GSkill DDR3 1600MHZ Ripjaws 6-8-6-24
Asus NVidia GTX 580 - 1538MB
Corsair Professional HX850W PSU
1 Kingston SSDNow 128GB
1TB Seagate HDD
37" SAMSUNG LCD
Windows 7 64 Home Premium
Saitek Pro Flight, Logitech Xtreme

mashmanz

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2016, 03:53:01 pm »
After spending a bit of time looking into what could be causing this, and a re install of P3D V3.2 and with the newest installers available for everything from the FSDT site, I am still having the issue.

hawkhero

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2016, 10:05:37 pm »
P3Dv3.2 avatar does not warp to tower. I can walk through buildings too.

twharrell

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2016, 11:26:10 pm »
What I discovered is if I select avatar from the vehicles menu or if I detach him from a heli, the GSX avatar menu doesn't work. If I select an airplane and detach the avatar the GSX menu works fine as does the avatar.

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »
What do you mean with "I select avatar from the vehicles menu". Are you maybe using the Dino Cattaneo military avatar addons ? It has been confirmed in this thread there's a problem with those, we'll try to have a look at it as soon as possible.