Author Topic: Traffic at KMEM  (Read 5645 times)

jimstiles

Traffic at KMEM
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:55 pm »
Just installed KMEM, looks great and as far as I can tell it's working good. Haven't taken any flights in or out as yet, just flew the trike around to check things out. I noticed that KMEM is not very busy with many AI as I expected, only a few at the terminal and a few FedEx planes parked in the FedEx area.

I parked the trike at the South end of the terminals and let the sim run for a bit to see if they would populate more AI but so far it's not showing as many as I would expect. I am in the same time zone as KMEM so it's about 3:30pm, should it be busier here at this time or do I need to install something to populate it more?

I have GSX installed and MyTraffic 6, not sure if I need to change a setting in them to include KMEM or not, if anyone is familiar with them, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, I've read the posts in the KMEM forum and, knock on wood, am not experiencing any of the problems some of the others are having. I'm usually the one with the bad luck but so far, this looks fantastic except for the lack of AI/FedEx planes which is probably something I need to do.

Jim

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Traffic at KMEM
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 10:31:44 pm »
Where is your airline slider set?  I had mine at 50% and the FedEx terminal was standing room only.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jimstiles

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 10:43:47 pm »
I checked and had it set to 20, bumped it up to 40 and got a few more planes. Think I had it turned down to help with the fps but I left it at 40 for now to see how things go. I've been sitting on the apron now for over 30 minutes and only one Delta flight has taken off, no landings. Should it be busier than this or would this be normal for this time of day for KMEM?

Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
I just checked the flight board for Memphis, and there aren't that many flights scheduled in or out during the day, and they don't list FedEx on that because they're freight. Only two or three arrivals or departures during most hours.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jimstiles

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:21 pm »
Ok, well maybe it's working ok then, I'm going to take a flight from KLIT to KMEM in a bit.  I just tried to bring up the gsx menu using Ctrl/F12 but nothing comes up, did that change? I can't find any instruction files to read.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 11:59:04 pm »
I just tried to bring up the gsx menu using Ctrl/F12 but nothing comes up, did that change?

The default key for GSX is Ctrl+Shift+F12 unless, of course, you changed it. Also, do you use P3D ?

I can't find any instruction files to read.

Which instructions you are referring to ? All our products have an "Open manual" button in the Addon Manager. The actual files are inside each product's folder, under the fsdreamteam folder, under the main sim folder.

jimstiles

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 12:31:48 am »
Ok, thanks, ctrl/shift/f12, don't know where I got just ctrl/f12.

Also found the manual.

Thanks guys

Jim