Author Topic: problem  (Read 7358 times)

tosco92

problem
« on: June 03, 2016, 09:26:31 pm »
why in KMEM???

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:55 pm »
If you're running FTX Vector, disable MEM under the AEC tab.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Brian S

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:15:33 pm »

Thank you Bruce.  The last three airports I have installed (T2G KSEA, ORBX YMML and FSDT KMEM demo, will buy shortly) have all had this issue.  Even disabling Vector in the scenery library made no difference.  Now backing up or turning off these 3 airports in the AEC directory of Vector worked.  Been driving me crazy for weeks.  

Very happy.  

Brian

tosco92

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 09:14:04 am »

Thank you Bruce.  The last three airports I have installed (T2G KSEA, ORBX YMML and FSDT KMEM demo, will buy shortly) have all had this issue.  Even disabling Vector in the scenery library made no difference.  Now backing up or turning off these 3 airports in the AEC directory of Vector worked.  Been driving me crazy for weeks.  

Very happy.  

Brian

how?

Brian S

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:31:28 am »

Very happy.  

Brian

how?

Well, I am assuming you have ORBX FTX_Vector installed in your sim.  Go to the Orbx directory in your sim in windows explorer.  It should read, e.g. Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D/ORBX/FTX_Vector/FTX_Vector_AEC.     Find the file that says KMEM.bgl within the AEC directory.  Rename the KMEM.bgl to KMEM.off or KMEM.bac    Restart the sim and your FSDT airport should look as it should. 

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 02:00:49 pm »
It's a lot simpler to use the Vector interface, run the auto configurator to pick up most airports likely to cause issues at one time.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Florida1146

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 01:21:29 am »
I was having the same problem, and ran the Auto-Configuration utility in FTX. It moved both KMEM and KDFW to the disabled column. And that fixed the elevation problem.

However, I also run Aivlasoft EFB, and upon starting it, it said it couldn't find the BGL file for KMEM. Part of EFB shows the airport layout, including all runways, taxiways and gates/ramps. The airport is still on the EFB list, but won't load.

Any ideas on how I can fix this without dumping FTX Global?
-= Gary =-

Anders Bermann

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 05:52:42 am »
Have you tried rebuilding the scenery database in AivlaSoft EFB, after altering the Scenery Database with ORBX Vector?
Best regards, Anders

Florida1146

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 03:53:04 am »
Have you tried rebuilding the scenery database in AivlaSoft EFB, after altering the Scenery Database with ORBX Vector?
That did it, Anders. I was unaware of that option until you suggested it. Everything is now working fine again, and I will remember that little "trick" next time. Thanks!
-= Gary =-