Author Topic: Cargo Operations and SODE Integration  (Read 3765 times)

ianj844

Cargo Operations and SODE Integration
« on: June 02, 2016, 11:34:36 pm »
Umberto,

With the latest release there is a future where cargo carriers are used at all cargo stands. Latin VFR MIA and some other scenery I have seen for some reason setup all their gates as cargo stands. Can you maybe make it a option in the Airport Position Editor to select between passenger handlers and cargo handlers?

And my part two is can you possibly provide a rough timeline of when SODE jetways will be integrated into the other FSDT scenery's? Also from what I have read SODE supports multiple jetways at one gate. Does this mean we could have dual jetways at airports like LAX and YVR?

Thanks,
Ian
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:36:20 pm by ianj844 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cargo Operations and SODE Integration
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:52:21 pm »
Latin VFR MIA and some other scenery I have seen for some reason setup all their gates as cargo stands. Can you maybe make it a option in the Airport Position Editor to select between passenger handlers and cargo handlers?

The only possible solution is to add the ability to override the parking type in the editor. I feat that at some point, GSX will have to become a full-fledged editor like ADE, just to fix mistakes in the AFCADs...

And my part two is can you possibly provide a rough timeline of when SODE jetways will be integrated into the other FSDT scenery's? Also from what I have read SODE supports multiple jetways at one gate. Does this mean we could have dual jetways at airports like LAX and YVR?

We don't have any timeline now. KIAH was relatively quick, because it didn't had any double jetways and the basic model was very similar to the one used for KMEM. And still we had to check all parkings, one by one, to be sure the SODE jetways would work, since the parkings positions were originally made for the default FSX jetways, which reacts differently.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 12:06:35 am »
Latin VFR MIA and some other scenery I have seen for some reason setup all their gates as cargo stands. Can you maybe make it a option in the Airport Position Editor to select between passenger handlers and cargo handlers?

The only possible solution is to add the ability to override the parking type in the editor. I feat that at some point, GSX will have to become a full-fledged editor like ADE, just to fix mistakes in the AFCADs...

We don't have any timeline now. KIAH was relatively quick, because it didn't had any double jetways and the basic model was very similar to the one used for KMEM. And still we had to check all parkings, one by one, to be sure the SODE jetways would work, since the parkings positions were originally made for the default FSX jetways, which reacts differently.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think maybe an option in the GSX settings to disabled to cargo handler / airline handler is possible? Also I take if from your reply that we will see double jetways in airports like LAX and YVR?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:29:48 am »
Thank you for your reply. Do you think maybe an option in the GSX settings to disabled to cargo handler / airline handler is possible?

Setting global options is wrong and could be misleading. You might forget the option and have issue in ALL airports, except the one you wanted to correct so no, it must be done like everything else, at the airport+parking customization level. Like the pushback direction override.

Also I take if from your reply that we will see double jetways in airports like LAX and YVR?

If there are double jetways in the real parking, that's for sure. It was one of the main point of switching to SODE to begin with. GSX is already supporting this entirely: if you have a scenery with a double jetway, GSX will offer a menu asking which jetway should go to which door, filtering out the one it *knows* they won't resolve, because it can ask SODE if a particular jetway can reach a door *before* the animation will start.

ianj844

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:40:31 am »
Thank you for your reply. Do you think maybe an option in the GSX settings to disabled to cargo handler / airline handler is possible?

Setting global options is wrong and could be misleading. You might forget the option and have issue in ALL airports, except the one you wanted to correct so no, it must be done like everything else, at the airport+parking customization level. Like the pushback direction override.

Also I take if from your reply that we will see double jetways in airports like LAX and YVR?

If there are double jetways in the real parking, that's for sure. It was one of the main point of switching to SODE to begin with. GSX is already supporting this entirely: if you have a scenery with a double jetway, GSX will offer a menu asking which jetway should go to which door, filtering out the one it *knows* they won't resolve, because it can ask SODE if a particular jetway can reach a door *before* the animation will start.

Thank you for your reply! Keep up the good work!