Author Topic: Jetways at KIAH  (Read 2777 times)

skyymann

Jetways at KIAH
« on: June 02, 2016, 09:43:30 am »
Hello, I'm sure I'll get told to search, but since I just spent an hour doing just that, I'll ask the question. I just purchased KIAH this morning and for some reason, I just can't get the jetways to move using Ctl J. GSX works fine, just no movement in the jet bridges. I do not have this issue with any other scenery. Any suggestions?

Scott

Elmeon

Re: Jetways at KIAH
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:22:28 am »
I think that they don't move because the new airport use the SODE jetways, but I don't know how you can move them

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:50:34 am »
Exactly. The main point of the KIAH update we just released, is to support SODE jetways. Which means they won't activate with CTRL+J anymore, but they will be called with the GSX menu during the GSX boarding/deboarding procedure.

You also need the latest GSX version.

skyymann

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 03:27:27 pm »
Hmmmm, I just updated GSX, but didn't see that option in the menu. I'll update again.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:36:00 pm »
Hmmmm, I just updated GSX, but didn't see that option in the menu. I'll update again.

There isn't any separate menu option. As I've said, the jetways will be called during the GSX boarding/deboarding procedure, after you selected the operator.

When you select a parking GSX to be activated (when you are outside of it, for example after landing), parkings with a SODE jetway will be labeled with a "/JS" after their name. A default FSX animated jetway, instead, will be labeled with "/J", as before. If there's no jetway, you won't see any J or JS.

skyymann

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »
Thanks Umberto,

I'll look at that tomorrow after work. BTW, IAH is fantastic! Coming down final looked just like the real thing!!  ;D

Scott