Author Topic: KIAH update with SODE jetways  (Read 30623 times)

doudou

Re: KIAH update with SODE jetways
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 07:52:03 pm »
Hi,
Which scenery will be updated with SODE jetways (after KIAH) ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 10:35:20 pm »
Which scenery will be updated with SODE jetways (after KIAH) ?

I guess it might be KLAX, but I cannot promise it will be done as fast as KIAH.

jrclewis

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 08:44:32 pm »
Will the SODE Jetways ever be available at all airports? Including airports that just come with the base game?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 02:03:13 pm »
Will the SODE Jetways ever be available at all airports?

We'll start by replacing SODE jetways at FSDT airports first.

drego22

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 09:27:32 am »
Hello, I know this is off topic, but it has to do with the KIAH airport, every since I downloaded the update I cant get this airport to work, I keep getting FSDT_KIAH_TIB.mdl message. PLEASE help me get this problem fixwd ASAP! Thankyou in advanced!

Andre' :-\
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 01:30:26 pm »
Hello, I know this is off topic, but it has to do with the KIAH airport, every since I downloaded the update I cant get this airport to work, I keep getting FSDT_KIAH_TIB.mdl message. PLEASE help me get this problem fixwd ASAP! Thankyou in advanced!

That's because you still haven't updated KIAH. From the sticky post in this thread:

We released today an updated for Houston, to use SODE Jetways (together with the updated GSX). This update requires to download and install the Full Installer for KIAH and the latest GSX Full installer too.

headley

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 10:49:43 pm »
Hi,
I use P3D v4, and downloaded the latest installers of both KIAH (downloaded 23/07/2017) and GSX (downloaded 22/07/2017).
All works well, except that i have no SODE-jetways.  Even not when working via GSX menu/request boarding ...
It tells me that "SODE is unavailible, jetways will not operate".
Do i miss something  please?

Edit: i have allready run the FSDT Live updater, but no avail.

Greetings
William
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:51:46 pm by headley »
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 10:37:55 am »
All works well, except that i have no SODE-jetways.  Even not when working via GSX menu/request boarding ...It tells me that "SODE is unavailible, jetways will not operate".Do i miss something  please?

GSX will just run the SODE installation, the same as you would do if you downloaded and installed SODE. If SODE is not running, that's nothing GSX can do or, of course, the FSDT Live Update.

- Do you have the SODE menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ?

- Have you ran the SODE Platform Manager to activate it in the supported sim ? If you don't do this, SODE won't start.

headley

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 02:32:27 pm »
- Do you have the SODE menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim ?

- Have you ran the SODE Platform Manager to activate it in the supported sim ? If you don't do this, SODE won't start.

Oops, no i have not.
Is it a sort of standalone program, or come this with various scenery addon?

Edit: after some search i notice that i have a SODE-entry in c:\programdata\12bpilot\sode ...
One of the logs (pltmgr_detection.log) learnt me that P3Dv4 was "detected" (whatever that means).
Other than ORBX, flightbeam and FSDT i have no scenery installed.

Edit2: Apparently i have SODE version 1.5.3 installed already on 22/07/2017 according to Control panel/programs and features).
How come that i still have no SODE-entry in my "addons-menu"?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:45:37 pm by headley »
Regards,

William V.

headley

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 05:06:10 pm »
So, after searching on other forums it seamed that a reïnstall of SODE 1.5.3 was needed, witch i did.
SODE then asked me to activate and register for P3Dv4, and after register everything worked fine :-)

I am still confused why the installer of the scenery's i had installed don't asked me to register SODE, when this is apparently needed for SODE to work properly ... ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:01:36 pm by virtuali »
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 02:03:23 pm »
I am still confused why the installer of the scenery's i had installed don't asked me to register SODE, when this is apparently needed for SODE to work properly ... ?

Which scenery ? We install SODE only from the GSX installer.

And, it's the SODE installer that asks you for register it in the sim, because it starts the Platform Manager automatically when it's being launched (manually or from the GSX installer, it's the same), but you are then required to enable it, in each of the supported sim, otherwise it won't be active.