Author Topic: Errors decrypting files when I load KIAH  (Read 8711 times)

Ralgh

Errors decrypting files when I load KIAH
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:45:56 am »
When I load KIAH I get a series of popups that say Error decrypting fileFSDT_KIAH_T1A.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T1B.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T2B.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T1C.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T2C.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T2A.mdl, Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T1E.mdl and Error decrypting file FSDT_KIAH_T2E.mdl. I have to click OK on each popup to clear it. When I am done with that the scenery loads but the buildings are all tilted and sticking up in the air. They never straighten out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in addition to re running addon manager but the problem remains. The files were downloaded today so they should be the most recent. This is all on a brand new fresh installation of Windows 10. I had this scenery working on a different hard drive on this exact same computer running Windows 7 with all the same other addons. The only difference is that this is in Windows 10.
Tom Landry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Errors decrypting files when I load KIAH
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:02 am »
You must download the KIAH update we released today (the one that supports the SODE jetways). Download and install the full installer. No need to uninstall it first.

Ralgh

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:01:15 am »
Success! Thank you. Were there any other updates today because mt KDFW stopped working also.
Tom Landry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 05:02:55 am »
All our installers has been updated but, as far I can tell, the only mandatory one was KIAH.

phantomflyer

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:16 pm »
Well, I had that decryption thing happen and came here - then I installed the KIAH update - now I have floating light beams over terminals and aiming out of runways and other airport areas. I also have AI jets sinking in the ground at terminals. I tried with 4096 forced and without and makes no difference. Here are 2 screens showing what I mean. What is going on here?

Thanks,
Bill A

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 01:44:07 pm »
Well, I had that decryption thing happen and came here- then I installed the KIAH update

So that problem was fixed.

now I have floating light beams over terminals and aiming out of runways and other airport areas.

Do you use FSX SP2 ? If yes, it's likely you have the same problem found in KMEM (that doesn't happen on FSX+Xpack, FSX:SE and P3D) that, because of an FSX-SP2 specific bug, some objects that are entirely and totally legal and SDK compliant, are displayed rotated.

We found a workaround at KMEM, but nobody ever reported a problem at KIAH before, but we haven't changed those objects in the update, but we'll check this and will add the same fix used for KMEM.

I also have AI jets sinking in the ground at terminals.

This is nothing we can do about, and the scenery always was like that. In order to prevent ground flickering that would otherwise caused by using the native FSX ground polygons instead of the slow FS2002 polygons other sceneries use, we must raise the ground a bit depending on your altitude. This will result in AI sinking their wheels into the ground, but it's either this, or it's heavy flickering.

phantomflyer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 05:40:35 am »
Yes the decryption problem was fixed.

I do have FSX with SP2 (notXpack)

I won't worry about the sinking AI aircraft!  :)

How will I know if there can be a patch for these lights as you did in KMEM? Do I check here from time to time?

I had "notify of replies" checked but didn't get notified of your reply - better check my user settings and email address.

*EDIT - my old (defunct) email address was in my profile so I changed it - now I will get notifications*

Thank you Umberto!

Cheers
Bill
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:46:50 am by phantomflyer »

passat99

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 01:06:20 pm »
I am having the floating light beam issue as above pics. Any fix i can try? Have the new installer and i am using FSX SP2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:00 pm »
I am having the floating light beam issue as above pics. Any fix i can try? Have the new installer and i am using FSX SP2.

As I've said in my previous replies, we know this, and we need to fix it too as we did in KMEM, but it's not done yet.

AirBorne

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 12:52:50 am »
I also had this error today, I didn't know about the update. Installed the installer download today over the previous installation, and it all seems to good now, but haven't tested much, though.
Nevertheless, there's something bothering in the scenery, these apron static vehicles, please see the picture attached. I would like them all to be removed, may I do that? Notice that it even interferes with GSX, which I could swear was 101% compatible with the scenery, considering both products were developed by the same company.

http://imgur.com/xuCgU2l

AirBorne

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 12:21:00 am »
No one?!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 10:23:29 am »
We'll have a look at this, could you please precisely indicate the gate you were in ?

walterg74

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 12:58:12 am »
Hi Umberto,

I just found this by luck because I updated my P3D today and had the decryption error on a test.

Is there a way we could sign up somewhere to know when the products get update?  (This is something very useful that I wish more devs would have, as well as maybe version number o the filenames...).

Thanks!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
Is there a way we could sign up somewhere to know when the products get update?  (This is something very useful that I wish more devs would have, as well as maybe version number o the filenames...).

We have an automatic notification for outdated sceneries in the Addon Manager, but we haven't used it for the KIAH update, since many users found it to be annoying, even if it can be disabled.

But I agree that in this case we should have used it anyway, because the update is mandatory.