Author Topic: Installation problems - missing Ivap  (Read 4212 times)

ingoke

Installation problems - missing Ivap
« on: December 12, 2008, 05:12:28 pm »
Hi,

every time I install a scenery from fsdreamteam, Ivap is removed from the drop down menu inside FSX. I have to run the IVAO Ivap installer every time. Is there any way I can prevent the removal of Ivap from the .xml file when using your installer?

Thx!

Ingo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation problems - missing Ivap
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:09:53 pm »
Our installer doesn't remove anything, except in cases were your DLL.XML or EXE.XML already had a problem, like commands all on one line, mixed line-breaks with carriage return Dos-style and/or Unix-style, which are always created by either hand-editing the file or by other installers.

We simply run an official W3C syntax checker on the XML file so, all sections with errors are usually removed.

If you post your XML files (both exe.xml and dll.xml) here *after* installing IVAP, I can check exactly were the XML has a problem.

bobvvlx1

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 05:05:34 pm »
Hello i had the same problem by installing Zurich trial, after uninstal of Zurich and new install of Ivap all was OK. Now I just tried Geneva trial and again Ivap disappeared from the menu, all the other external programs stayed  ok (Fsuic, FS earth).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 05:11:28 pm »
So, I'll repeat it again: the installer doesn't remove anything, unless the XML has errors already.

And, we don't check for errrors with the installer, we launch the official W3C syntax checker against the XML, so it tries to fix it. If there are errors, the sections with errors are discarded by the checker itself. The obvious proof is that *other* sections (like fsuipc, fs earth) weren't discarded.

And, again, it would help if someone would be so kind to post the DLL.XML and EXE.XML files *after* installing IVAP, so at least we could get an idea of why this particular section is considered invalid by the official W3C syntax checker.

bobvvlx1

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 01:42:09 pm »
Hello,
I just installed XPOI and had the IVAP missing again. I will send you the xml files by Email the files after reinstalling of IVAP.

Best regards, Robert