Author Topic: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??  (Read 35384 times)

DFWSupertrooper

FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:45:53 am »
After installing KMEM, I have had enormous trouble getting FSX to load my flight.  I got it to load to the airport once out of 19 attempts, soon crashing after trying to change the time of day to check out night scenery.  I've tried reinstalling KMEM, installing the stand-alone Addon Manager, restarting the PC, etc. 

Never had any troubles with other FSDT or FlightBeam airports before.

Also of note, every time I try to restart FSX I get the message telling me it's not activated, which I click through each time apparently successfully.

Message is a standard Windows 7 error dialogue that says: Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working properly...  No codes or message ID are offered.

Anyone else seeing this error or something similar??

Thanks!

DFWSupertrooper

Re: FSX Crashes Upon Loading After KMEM Install??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:50:54 am »
To clarify, FSX will not load at all and/or crashes to desktop.  Not just KMEM - started happening only after installing KMEM.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:57:59 am »
I cannot reproduce the problem in any way. I just tried uninstall/reinstalling using the same installer that is online now, and there are no problems whatsoever.

I also tried to switch from night/day, and no problems either. Of course, we would have noticed such issues, since we are been using on it for the past months, starting FSX like hundreds times at day...

Try to uninstall and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine?" that are made at the end. This will do a more clean reinstall.

Of course, the usual suggestions about disabling the antivirus during the installation, and configuring it to exclude the sim folder from scanning, are always valid.

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:17 am »
Thanks, Virtuali...I'll give it a shot!

DFWSupertrooper

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 02:11:24 am »
Well, I tried all of that, even disabling my A/V, but to no avail.  If I remove KMEM, I can get FSX loaded (but I STILL get the error regarding a bad activation key somehow).  I reinstall the product and boom, errors again...got this one this time (the Install Error):

I click through it, but then I get the CTD anyway even before loading a flight (see CTD Error).

[FYI, the one time I DID get in...it looks AWESOME, so I hope to get this working!!]

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:13:58 am by DFWSupertrooper »

Tino

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:48:36 am »
Same is happening for me. Installed the product, Ran it for the first time then got a CTD. Wasn't even in the sim for 10 seconds. Attempted to re-start, CTD on FSX startup. Re-install the product and re-install the Addon Manager, sim starts up but, sim CTD's once it's loaded. I also tried to let FSX rebuild my fsx.cfg, that didn't help either.

I Uninstall KMEM, everything is working normally. Can't seem to run the scenery at all. Very odd.

Cheers,

Sante-

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:51:10 am »
Unfortunately same is happening for me. I don't run any antivirus either, so I know it's not a file being blocked.

Tino

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 02:53:24 am »
I am now getting CTD's at other Flightbeam\FSdreamteam Airports. Is it something to do with the latest Addon Manager? Everything was working fine until I updated it.

Cheers.

garrettprs

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 03:03:49 am »
On P3Dv3 and am also getting a CTD. Loaded up the AS Airbus and took off and then it happened. Unfortunately the error code was a "stackhash" so my limited understanding of things indicates that it could be anything.

I've been CTD-free for as long as I can remember. Have not tried other FB/FSDT airports (I own a bunch but just did a fresh install of the sim and have not loaded much at this point)...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 03:03:56 am »
I cannot reproduce any crash, but I the -25008 error code has been already fixed, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13552.msg100431.html#msg100431

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 03:05:23 am »
I am now getting CTD's at other Flightbeam\FSdreamteam Airports. Is it something to do with the latest Addon Manager? Everything was working fine until I updated it.

Try to download the current installer for an FSDT airport that crashes. They have been all updated today.

Tino

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 03:07:24 am »
Even the FlightBeam ones? I have un-installed the Addon Manager + Coualt and KMEM. FSX is loading normally now.

Should I un-install every product and re-install?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 03:08:12 am »
I uninstalled KMEM, removed it from the scenery library, disabled SODE in both the exe and dull.xml, but about 10 seconds after FSX is launched it crashes.

I'm on the boxed FSX SP2 version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 03:10:08 am »
Even the FlightBeam ones?

They shouldn't be affected, and we haven't sent updated installers to Flightbeam yet. As long as you install the FSDT stuff last, they should work normally.

Should I un-install every product and re-install?

It shouldn't make any difference, just download and install over.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 03:31:57 am »
On P3Dv3 and am also getting a CTD. Loaded up the AS Airbus and took off and then it happened. Unfortunately the error code was a "stackhash" so my limited understanding of things indicates that it could be anything.

Have you tried taking off on a default plane ? Just to be sure there isn't a conflict between some modules/gauges of the plane.