Author Topic: Duplicate runways and parking slots **SOLVED**  (Read 7198 times)

curt1

Duplicate runways and parking slots **SOLVED**
« on: May 28, 2016, 09:49:03 pm »
I haven't flown in Hawaii for awhile, and I now have duplicate runways (one on top of another, misaligned lines, etc..) and also the gate parking isn't lined up with the ground crew guidance in GSX.  I have Megascenery Earth for the islands, and a couple freeware airport packages.  Any advice on a simple way to find the cause of my dilemma?  This occurs at PHLI and PHKO.  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:40:29 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Duplicate runways and parking slots
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:30:08 pm »
Whenever you find something duplicated in a scenery, it's never a problem of the scenery, and it's always a problem of a duplicated AFCAD or another scenery in conflict.

You can use the free Simple Airport Scanner program to search for duplicates AFCADs:

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/

curt1

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 05:36:44 am »
Thank you for the link to the scanner.  It didn't show anything for me to act upon, so I'm assuming there's another scenery causing a conflict.  I unchecked my freeware airport packages and MegasceneryEarth Hawaii and yet the problem persists.  I don't have any other means to determine the cause so I'll just live with it. 

curt1

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:02:14 am »
Umberto, I'm so embarrassed, but I found the problem.  It was another freeware airport from a downloaded bundle that I didn't remember installing.  Anyway, your airports are back to looking gorgeous once again, thanks for your patience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 02:40:21 pm »
It was another freeware airport from a downloaded bundle that I didn't remember installing. 

I was sure of it. Unfortunately, the Simple Airport Scanner will only find duplicate AFCADs, not any generic scenery file.