Author Topic: KLAS is the BEST airport in P3D- I need help eliminating ghost taxilines, please  (Read 4082 times)

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Virtuali,
Your work is unparalleled - I totally love your airports, by far KLAS is my very favorite, and I fly in and out of McCarren quite a lot in P3dv3.x.

At present my only problem is excessive taxi lines on the ground as I move about the airport... not just 'what's supposed to be there', but there are extra 'ghost' taxi lines which are visually unpleasant and distracting.

Is there some way to exclude these unwanted lines?  I have no idea how to do it, and would love to eliminate them if it's not too daunting a task.  I use all the ORBX stuff including NorCal and SoCal, Global and Vector, and so on.

Not trying to bug for an update, either.  All I'm trying to do is fix a minor irritant.  Please and thank you, sir!

BTW:  Could this be a problem caused by duplicate AFCAD files?  I do NOT use any type of AI in P3dv3... but I'm wondering what the correct AFCAD files are for the FSDreamteam KLAS airport should be?  Possibly a conflict with ORBX??

If Virtuali could enumerate the proper AFCAD files for your version of KLAS, I can use ADE editor to search for duplicate AFCADS which possibly is causing the ghost taxi lines (?)

Thanks!

Robert McDonald
California
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:01:23 am by rsm2000e »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
At present my only problem is excessive taxi lines on the ground as I move about the airport... not just 'what's supposed to be there', but there are extra 'ghost' taxi lines which are visually unpleasant and distracting.

They surely aren't coming with our scenery.

I have no idea how to do it, and would love to eliminate them if it's not too daunting a task.  I use all the ORBX stuff including NorCal and SoCal, Global and Vector, and so on.

OrbX SoCal is known to cause problems to KLAS, this has been discussed on our forum on the thread just below this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13085.0.html

The link on OrbX forum has solution from their side to fix compatibility problems with KLAS, but I cannot say if it fixes your issues.

If Virtuali could enumerate the proper AFCAD files for your version of KLAS, I can use ADE editor to search for duplicate AFCADS which possibly is causing the ghost taxi lines (?)

The proper AFCAD for KLAS is the one we supply with the scenery, located in the fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery folder so, if you find any other file that might be related to KLAS *outside* that folder, you can assume is a potentially conflicting file that should be removed.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 07:03:42 am by virtuali »

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
Thank you Virtuali!  Worked great!  Your help was spot on- I followed the instructions on the Orbx forum and all the surplus runway lines are gone.

And I know that it's within your plans to at some point do a v2 for KLAS - which will be even more amazing, I'm sure.

Thanks so much for your help!

Robert.