Author Topic: Question about installation order and the Addon Manager  (Read 4956 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Question about installation order and the Addon Manager
« on: December 13, 2008, 10:37:37 pm »
I am new two your products and am excited to get started using the Geneva and ZurichX airports. After reading some post in the forum under both the Geneva and ZurichX topics I am unsure of a few things. Here's what I want to do. I want to get Geneva then get Zurich so that I can get the 70% off on Zurich.

So, should I install the Addon Manager first then Geneva, then Zurich?

OR

Install Geneva then Zurich, then the Addon Manager?

I am kind of confused and don't want to mess up the initial install. Thanks in advance for the help on how to do this.

Regards,

Sean

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question about installation order and the Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:56:33 am »
I don't know why you got the impression that you should install Geneva and Zurich in a specific order, and that you also have to install the Addon Manager.

- The *installation* order doesn't matter, just use the current versions

- The Addon Manager is INCLUDED with both sceneries, there's no need to install it separately. All our current installers download the same files from the internet when they start, so it's not possible to get an old Addon Manager when installing a scenery, hence, there's no need to install it separately, if you are using a recent installer.

- The only reason for having a stand-alone Addon Manager, is just because some people might have older version and wanted to update that one without downloading a full package for a scenery they are not interested into.

The only thing that matters, with regard to Zurich and Geneva, is the ORDER OF PURCHASE, in order to get the 70% discount at Zurich, you need to BUY Geneva first. But the installation order doesn't matter.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Question about installation order and the Addon Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:51:14 am »
Thanks Umberto for clearing that up. I only was wondering about these things based on some posts I read about the Addon Manager being updated and orders of installs in relation to the Addon Manager. Thanks again, I will now install.

Regards