Author Topic: Starting position "sunk" under the airport **SOLVED**  (Read 3746 times)

darth_damian_000

Starting position "sunk" under the airport **SOLVED**
« on: May 24, 2016, 11:31:16 pm »
A picture is worth a thousand words, so I have made an attachment to describe my situation.
I did some reading, and it turns out I am entitled to a manual for the KDFW airport, which didn't come with my installation, so can someone link me to it? (i have difficulty finding it).
And of course, if someone can tell me what is going on here, if this is a fixable issue, I would also appreciate it.

I am using P3D V3.2 ... is FSDT going to point the finger at LM for this....bizarre (to say the least) scenario?

Thank you all,

Damian
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 11:17:33 am by virtuali »

darth_damian_000

Re: Starting position "sunk" under the airport
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:21:43 am »
For those of you who are having a similar elevation issue, the problem was that FTX vector is interfering with the scenery. To overcome this, you have to go to FTX central, click on Settings, and on the Tools tab, click "FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool"

Under the "airport elevation corrections" you have to add the airport that you're having a problem with. This fixed the issue for me.

I DID land in FSDT's KORD and ... whenever I switched camera views, the plane literally bumped 3 times as I taxiied. I wonder if anyone is having similar issues and would appreciate some help in the matter.

Thank you.