Author Topic: KMEM preview video links  (Read 26680 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KMEM preview video links
« on: May 10, 2016, 10:11:13 pm »
Here's the links of all KMEM previews you might have already seen posted on our Facebook page:

Apron remains wet after rain ended:

Apron operations:

Walkaround:

Working EMAS system:

Tower Experience ( P3D only):

Orion

Re: KMEM preview video links
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:27:03 am »
Very nice! :D

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:21:09 am »
The AVATAR experience was just amazing!!  I hope more devs catch on to all that can be done with AVATAR mode.

As always with FSDT, ready to buy.

Bravo!

Cheers, Rob.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 02:11:00 pm »
I hope more devs catch on to all that can be done with AVATAR mode.

I'm guessing whatever Umberto managed to pull off relies very heavily on the Couatl engine.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 02:35:52 pm »
I'm guessing whatever Umberto managed to pull off relies very heavily on the Couatl engine.

Of course, but we would still need some kind of support from the sim itself, they all go together.

In this case, Couatl provides with an entirely new collision detection system that entirely replaces the FSX/P3D default one, which is very limited, and can only do crash "boxes". You might have a glimpse of it if you try to go very close to your plane in Avatar mode: you can't, because the crash box system is not precise enough.

It IS possible to increase its resolution when exporting the model using the normal SDK, but if you do that, the amount of data will grow so much that the memory consumption of the object will go to the roof, and the fps will collapse.

So, we made a new collision system based on an entirely different system, which allows us to define very precise boundaries that allows, for example, to walk inside a very narrow alleys, like the tower internal corridors or the elevator.

But we haven't done "just" that. Precise collision when walking it's just one usage of this technology, but we can also use colliders to trigger events. That's how some of the doors opens automatically when you get close, and how the elevator goes up/down as soon as you get inside.

And, we used this system to also create a new kind of dynamic scenery: by creating custom boundaries (with any shape), we can control the appearance of additional detailed animations only when the user is inside a certain area, with a way more precise control than the simple "distance from the viewpoint", which would waste memory when radius overlaps.

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:01:15 pm »
Oh Umberto, you are teasing us with so many new possibilities :o
Will be an eager consumer when you let us at it. :)

ajferron

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »
This is looking great! One question. The preview videos seem to show that the demolition of the southern ends of concourses A and C for regional jets (even though that part of C is still standing) will be reflected in the release... so there will be about 30 fewer gates than MEM had in 2014 when Delta made its last round of cuts.

This is probably a long shot, but is there any chance those could still be modeled and included, or made into an "optional feature"? FSDT has taken some liberties with "current state" of airports in the past (i.e., the trumpet at JFK is still included in the scenery even though it was demolished and the AA terminal still hasn't been completed in full but is in the scenery).

I'm hoping this could be another one of those, since I still have NWA AI traffic that needs the extra gate space for all the CRJ-200s and extra gates are never a bad thing.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 10:05:00 pm by ajferron »

Orion

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:47:15 am »

Of course, but we would still need some kind of support from the sim itself, they all go together.

Is it possible to have a similar feature in FSX with a viewer type SimObject using slew, since much of the functionality is done externally?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 11:51:44 am »
This is probably a long shot, but is there any chance those could still be modeled and included, or made into an "optional feature"? FSDT has taken some liberties with "current state" of airports in the past (i.e., the trumpet at JFK is still included in the scenery even though it was demolished and the AA terminal still hasn't been completed in full but is in the scenery).

I'm sorry, but that's not possible. We try to be as current as possible. If something has changed *after* the release, we'll try to add it in the next big update (es. JFK ), and sometimes we anticipate reality (es. KLAX TBIT) but in this case the airport WILL eventually get there.

But purposely doing something that is *already* outdated now, doesn't make any sense for us, and it's a big work nevertheless.

DJJose

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 10:29:35 pm »
This airport is looking incredibly awesome. Thank you!!!!!

Anders Bermann

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 09:12:26 am »
This looks absolutely incredible!
The SODE jetway animation video, which you have posted is great :)

I recall, that you talked about, that you were working on some sort of SODE integration and GSX? (If I remember correctly). Is the SODE jetway integration, a part of GSX or KMEM scenery? And would this functionality be incorporated into your other sceneries - for instance KLAX (would be great :) ) or JFK.

Hope you know what I mean

EDIT: Since the video is called "GSX SODE Jetway integration" and not "KMEM SODE Jetway integration", I guess a part of the answer is right there...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:15:29 am by Musjo »
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 10:21:52 am »
Is the SODE jetway integration, a part of GSX or KMEM scenery?

It's part of GSX. KMEM, as a scenery which uses SODE for jetways, will work just like any other 3rd party scenery with SODE jetways.

And would this functionality be incorporated into your other sceneries - for instance KLAX (would be great :) ) or JFK.

Yes, we plan to do that for all our existing sceneries, as soon we revisit them for an update.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 11:36:26 am »
Amazing!

Thanks alot for the answer, Umberto!
Best regards, Anders

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 02:49:30 pm »
I noted on the SODE video that the jetway wheels don't rotate. Not a big deal personally, but others will squawk about it. And does Memphis really have that anti collision system?   :D ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 11:14:31 am »
Now it looks like we must be close to release. Maybe next weekend?