Author Topic: Help: couatl.exe won't run! **SOLVED**  (Read 11004 times)

FOD

Re: Help: couatl.exe won't run!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 10:31:01 pm »
Reinstating this thread as I have exactly the same issue.  Installed GSX demo several months ago and ran  it very successfully with fsdt Lszh for a few weeks. But not used it for a few months -  busy beta testing an AC etc. Tried gsx today (intention was to buy it and start flying for myself for once)- but immediately ran into the problem outlined above except that the "compatibility" solution does not help.
In sum - and watching task manager, and using either automatic or manual load set in the exe.dll, couatl.exe initially loads but immediately disappears and of course never shows on the FSX menu.
I have tried several reinstalls, have MSE "off" and have tried other options suggested in other posts. also restored via widows restore back a month - all to no avail (and of course LSZH has the same problem hat couatl will not load even with GSX uninstalled
Something must have changed in my system and is forcing couatl to shut down but I am at a loss where to look next so grateful for any advice .....

Many thanks

John R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help: couatl.exe won't run! **SOLVED**
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:10 pm »
Try to clear all the GSX/Couatl user preferences, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Then:

- Reinstall LSZH, using only the most current installer

- Reinstall GSX, using only the most current installer

FOD

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 09:15:21 pm »
Umberto

Many thanks. First found an old back up of couatl in an FSX back up folder - tried and it ran outside FSX ok.  Suspect my current installer was corrupted somehow.

Then folowed your advice with a clean out and new downloads - everything now A OK

All going well - just need to sort out a full screen issue with certain NGX liveries

Thanks again

John R

FOD

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 12:25:29 pm »
Belay the above.  This issue is that when changing window mode to full screen or vice versa FSX crashes with faulting module "unknown" - nothing to do with liveries  - that was a red herring.  It is caused by SODE - need to do more testing then I will raise a new thread.