Author Topic: Wrong liveries used  (Read 4124 times)

WebMaximus

Wrong liveries used
« on: October 24, 2016, 11:07:47 am »
Lately I've noticed how GSX often will use the wrong liveries for the vehicles. For instance I'm currently parked at EDDM and when I started GSX I didn't get a question what livery I would like the vehicles to use and I was then presented by some asian carrier, I think it might have been Taiwan Airlines.

I've tried installing the vehicles update. Is there anything else I need/can do to make the vehicles liveries match reality better?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong liveries used
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 11:10:08 am »

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:46:33 pm »
That solved the issue, thanks  :)
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 12:51:19 pm »
Even when the fix did improve things I still see some weird options here and there. Also sometimes I get the chance to pick myself and other times I don't.

Is there any way I could permanently set one livery for both the baggage guys as well as for the catering guys and then GSX will always use my selection without me having to pick one inside P3D?

I think that would be very nice so you don't have to scroll through lists of different liveries when you just vacated for example and usually have lots of other things to think of.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 12:59:58 pm »
Also sometimes I get the chance to pick myself and other times I don't.

This is entirely normal: if there's just one candidate, it doesn't make any sense to present a menu with just one choice, so the program will just use it without displaying a menu.

Is there any way I could permanently set one livery for both the baggage guys as well as for the catering guys and then GSX will always use my selection without me having to pick one inside P3D?

The new Override option in the parking customization dialog does just that. And of course, like anything in that page, a modification can be applied for a single parking, a group or parking (a terminal, for example) or the whole airport.

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 01:33:14 pm »
Great, will check it out.

Thanks and also thanks for always answering questions so fast, excellent support!
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 02:53:03 pm »
So I checked the customization page and found the field where I'm able to add 3 letters airline codes, I guess this is the option you referred to? However I'm not 100% sure how I'm supposed to use it and checking the GSX documentation I couldn't find any info on this topic.

Let's say I always want the Gate Gourmet livery to be used for catering services at all airports. How would I accomplish that? And same thing for baggage trucks where I would also like to pick some "neutral" livery that will always work without looking strange regardless what airport I'm in and what airlines operate at that airport.

If I understand your suggestion correctly I would for example type in SAS for all gates at ESSA meaning the SAS livery would be used but what code should I pick if I want a neutral livery for the catering vehicles such as Gate Gourmet which I don't think has any relation to a specific airline? And same question how to pick a neutral livery for the baggage vehicles?

Doing it this way for all my airports will of course spoil the variation and I do realize that but I still prefer that over having incorrect liveries that just look odd or having to scroll through long lists to pick a livery myself.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 03:27:59 pm »
Sorry for spamming but one more question. Is there somewhere I can see what airline codes GSX is aware of so I know what codes I can choose from for each of my airports?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 11:27:58 am »
So I checked the customization page and found the field where I'm able to add 3 letters airline codes, I guess this is the option you referred to? However I'm not 100% sure how I'm supposed to use it and checking the GSX documentation I couldn't find any info on this topic.

We still haven't updated the manual for it: I thought it was self-explanatory, and there's also a tooltip that helps.

Let's say I always want the Gate Gourmet livery to be used for catering services at all airports. How would I accomplish that?

You can't. The airline codes there will be used ONLY for the ground operators, not the catering operators, which use a different set of codes and there's no way to override them, except editing the SIM.CFG files of the catering vehicles themselves, according to the instructions in the PaintKit documentation, which explain the scoring system.

And same thing for baggage trucks where I would also like to pick some "neutral" livery that will always work without looking strange regardless what airport I'm in and what airlines operate at that airport.

I don't know what you mean with "looking strange". With the override, you can specify the operator YOU want.

If I understand your suggestion correctly I would for example type in SAS for all gates at ESSA meaning the SAS livery would be used but what code should I pick if I want a neutral livery for the catering vehicles such as Gate Gourmet which I don't think has any relation to a specific airline?

As I've said, catering doesn't have anything to do with that code.

And same question how to pick a neutral livery for the baggage vehicles?

You cannot have SOME vehicles a a set in a livery and some in a different one. If you select a ground operator, ALL ground operator vehicles (which does NOT include the catering), will use the same livery.

WebMaximus

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2016, 11:53:45 am »
Thanks, I think I understand now.

The last question, is there a list somewhere what operators are included in GSX?
Richard Åsberg