Author Topic: Trouble activating Product  (Read 3928 times)

1RAFAEL

Trouble activating Product
« on: April 12, 2016, 07:22:49 pm »
Hello Good Day to All, and purchased JFK airports Houston and Los Angeles O'hare the first 3 could activate exception O'hare well as disabled and antivirus and fire ware windos. I use Windows 8.1 and Prepar3D v3.2
thank you for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble activating Product
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:27:59 am »
You don't say, but I assume you saw the message suggesting to turn off the firewall.

If yes, the problem happens because you have a firewall/antivirus which is blocking access to the activation server. As the message says, you must either turn it off OR try a web-based activation, which uses your browser (firewalls don’t block browsers by default).

You are directed to do the Web-based activation (which is not the normal way to activate) because a firewall/antivirus software you have installed in your system is preventing the program to go online to activate.

Either disable it (or give explicit permission to FSX to go online in your firewall), or use the web-based activation, which surely works too, as follows:

- In the “Register Serial” dialog you should ONLY insert your SERIAL NUMBER. NOTHING ELSE!!

- When the program says the activation servers cannot be contacted, click the first option:

“Activate using a web browser on this computer”

- Click on the “Next” button or the link that points to “activate.esellerate.net”

- A web browser page will open, with the “Installation ID” field already pre-filled. There’s no need to type anything, press the “Submit” button

- A new web page will appear with the "Activation key”, which is a longer code that can be then copied & pasted in the activation window of the Add-on Manager menu inside FSX

1RAFAEL

Re: Trouble activating Product
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 07:10:24 pm »
Thanks for your help, if you note that I have to turn off firewall. Yet the problem remained.
But finally I could activate my product ... problem solved   :)