Author Topic: Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket airports Request.  (Read 9379 times)

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket airports Request.
« on: April 04, 2016, 03:07:12 am »

Would this be the place to request the scenery developers to develop Martha's Vinyard airport. I believe this is the most

popular place to visit it's a retreat haven for vacationers along side of it's sister Island Nantucket airport as well. Let's us know what you think. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 04:13:11 am by LT StarBuck 107 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Martha's Vinyard and Nantucket airports Request.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:48:57 am »
Along the years we have been in this business, we noticed the following patterns:

- People always SAY "it would be nice to have this xxxxx ( insert very interesting and never done before plane ) plane made", but they BUY only A320s and 737s

- People always SAY "it would be nice to have this yyyyy ( insert very interesting and never done before airport ) airport made", but they BUY  only JFK, LAX and similarly-sized mega-hubs.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »
They also ask the wrong developers, someone who only does mega hubs isn't likely to do small rural airports like Nantucket.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:32:06 pm »
Can you please give me a simple answer... Never mind I go to iBlue Younder they have nantucket scenery!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 04:54:25 pm »
Can you please give me a simple answer...

I think my reply was quite clear.

Never mind I go to iBlue Younder they have nantucket scenery!

So, why you are suggesting we'd do it too ?

There's only one thing worse than doing a small airport that doesn't sell much: doing a small airport that doesn't sell much AND it's has been already made, or it's already in the making.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:12:18 pm »
Never mind I go to iBlue Younder they have nantucket scenery!

Nantucket was announced in October of 2013, and was never released. We don't even know if Bill is still working on it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »
I'm not suggesting I'm requesting there is a difference. Please close this thread since I'm only getting alot of sarcastic attitude!
Small airports do sell your just not directing it to the right audience.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:39:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 01:51:39 pm »
Small airports do sell your just not directing it to the right audience.

Small airports don't sell like big ones. Since we do flight sim development as a full time job, we are not at liberty to choose smaller income projects, that other developers doing this is a side job might find satisfying regardless. 

Sammy

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »
If you made and airport like Cancun, you don't think it will sell as much as or almost as much as Memphis, with a lot less development time as well. It's been almost 2 years without a release now. If these mega airports were being done in one year than I would see your point but they are not. I like mega airports but the development time is long.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
It's been almost 2 years without a release now.

In that two years, there have been updates to GSX, not to mention having to redo installers for everything when new versions of P3D come out. They're also working on multiple airports, not just one like they've been doing in the past.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 05:38:16 pm »
If you made and airport like Cancun, you don't think it will sell as much as or almost as much as Memphis

Memphis it's just not "any" airport. It's a very important Cargo hub and, it fits with other products we are working too, which are Louisville (UPS Hub), and a Cargo expansion for FSX.

And, it has several new features, never seen before, that required to program entirely new systems from scratch.

It's been almost 2 years without a release now. If these mega airports were being done in one year than I would see your point but they are not. I like mega airports but the development time is long.

Users of a small airfield will expect WAY higher detail compared to a large airport so, it will still take plenty of time to do, but it will still won't sell as much.

Sammy

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 06:23:25 pm »
I have all your airports. Memphis would not be at the top of the list but with new features and good detail I would consider it.

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 06:24:42 pm »
You seem to focus more on selling then more on the need of the customer?

Orion

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »

Well, yeah, they're a business.  They're not there to please you; they're there to make money.  Like Umberto said:

Since we do flight sim development as a full time job, we are not at liberty to choose smaller income projects, that other developers doing this is a side job might find satisfying regardless. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 01:48:47 am »

I'm sorry, but you took this one out of my keyboard...