Author Topic: FS 9.1 update  (Read 23024 times)

harpsi

• Beta tester
FS 9.1 update
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:47:04 pm »
Hi

I can not install the scenery. It says that update 9.1 is required. I already had it installed because all the other sceneries and aircrafts need it. What to do?

harpsi

johanfrc

Re: FS 9.1 update
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 03:53:38 pm »
Try remove the update, and then remove the BACKUP folder from the FS9-folder. Install the update once again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:56:08 pm »
If the installer says you don't have 9.1 installed, than you don't have it...

You probably are in a mix-matched situation, were you have the FS9.EXE from 9.0 and the rest of the .DLLs from 9.1, which is even worse (for the risk of crashing), than not updating to 9.1 at all.

This is probably because you applied the 9.1 update to a modified FS9.EXE (for example, to patch it for 3GB or to eliminate the CD protection) so the 9.1 installer didn't update the FS9.EXE.

Have a look at this topic here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1122.msg8784#msg8784

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:51 pm »
Hi

Where is the update file? I am sure that there will  be another way to do this, because even with all the 4 sceneries from FS Dreamteam instalations were perfect and no problems at all. Let´s wait for virtuali´s answer.

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:08:06 pm »
Where is the update file?

Please, read the thread I've linked, it has instruction how to fix this.

I am sure that there will  be another way to do this, because even with all the 4 sceneries from FS Dreamteam instalations were perfect and no problems at all. Let´s wait for virtuali´s answer.

There's no other way than installing the 9.1 update properly. It used to work with our previous sceneries, only because you had old installers that didn't check the FS9.EXE version.

Since we found that a lot of crashes that user mistakenly attributed to our sceneries, were in fact due to the problem of having mixed the FS9.0 EXE with the 9.1 DLLs, our installer now checks for this before continuing.

alptosun

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 06:00:21 pm »
I've a No CD patch FS9.exe so I couldn't install both Zurich and Geneva. What shoul I do to install proper 9.1 update? Shoul I follow the procedure in the thread that you've linked?

Please help

Thank You
Alp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 06:04:02 pm »
Should I follow the procedure in the thread that you've linked?

Yes, of course, why link that thread otherwise ?

The basic is: to apply the 9.1 update CORRECTLY, you need to have BOTH your FS9.EXE and the all the original FS9 DLLs in the MODULES folder unmodified, otherwise the 9.1 update will not complete correctly.

After you are on 9.1, you can use a nocd, but it *must* be a 9.1 nocd EXE!

alptosun

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 06:07:18 pm »
thanks for the quick answer. but i have only 9.0 nocd exe. I think that's a big problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 06:10:29 pm »
thanks for the quick answer. but i have only 9.0 nocd exe. I think that's a big problem

I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do about it. Running an FS9.1 DLL set with the 9.0 EXE is just wrong, and might lead to CTD and other problems.

If you want to do it anyway (but don't blame us for any problems), you can install the scenery with the original FS9.1 EXE, and THEN put the 9.0 nocd. It's just the installer that makes the check, the program will not check this, but then other issues might surface in this configuration.

alptosun

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:19:55 pm »
Of course there's nothing yo can do, thanks for the help anyway. I will try to solve it.

Screenshots look amazing, congratulations for wonderfull sceneries.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:52:34 pm »
Hi

I tried to install the update after removing the backup folder but it says it can´t install the update...

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 06:58:39 pm »
As explained in the other thread, if you have ANY file which is either not the original one from 9.0 OR it's already updated to 9.1, the updater would not work.

To apply the update correctly, you first need to restore all your DLL files (those in the MODULES folder) AND the FS9.EXE from the original 9.0 CD, delete the BACKUP folder, AND run the 9.1 updater.

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:59 pm »
Hi

I was checking all the CDs from FS 2004 and I cannot find the folder or the .cab file which contains the modules folder or all the .dll files. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

harpsi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:24 pm »
The original FS9.EXE is on CD1, under the GAME folder

The modules folder is on CD2, inside the MSGAME3.CAB archive

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:23 pm »
Hi

I substituted all files like it has been said but when it arrives to display.cfg file, the update stops and freezes (not responding). After this, it says that I have 9.1 installed but when I click in FS9.exe it says 9.0.0.362...

I don´t know why I can´t install the update... if someone knows... help me please.

harpsi