Author Topic: Geneva released!  (Read 23543 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Geneva released!
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:06:14 pm »
FSDreamTeam is pleased to announce Geneva Internationl Airport for FSX and FS9 has been released today. Download the Trial from our website and be sure not to miss our Holidays promotions here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1327.msg10662#msg10662

That's a great opportunity to buy Geneva at discount for Zurich users, and a greater one to get Zurich if you don't have it yet! The offer lasts ONLY until December 31th so, be quick!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:06:43 pm by virtuali »

toby23

Re: Geneva released!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:25:35 pm »
Congratulations FSDreamTeam, your Geneva Scenery looks very good.

The only thing holding me back from buying this and Zurich is this problem with airplane shadows and AI planes.
An airport is a lonely place without other planes...

This problem has nothing to do with my WOAI planes not being FSX Native, if that was true, then I wouldn't see them at any of the stock airports...
Also, if I disable the runway lights bgl in 3rd party airport sceneries, I can see all my AI planes with shadows.. but I need those lights...

Have you figured out a way to solve this problem yet?

I run WOAI aircraft in FSX Acceleration.

Many thanks,

Toby

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:53:10 pm »
The only thing holding me back from buying this and Zurich is this problem with airplane shadows and AI planes.

This is only relevant to Zurich. Geneva (and KORD and JFK) do not show this issue.

This problem has nothing to do with my WOAI planes not being FSX Native

It has everything to do with the fact you are using FS9 models COMBINED with custom runway lights, which were needed to create a custom runway texture at Zurich, which was a very distinctive feature of that airport. Default traffic (which of course is FSX native) works at Zurich.

It's not "just" the use of FS9 AI models, is the *combination* of using FS9 AI models with custom runway lights AND with airplane shadows on.

Also, if I disable the runway lights bgl in 3rd party airport sceneries, I can see all my AI planes with shadows.. but I need those lights...

Yes, but I think the best solution would be, instead of removing the runway lights, simply turn off airplane shadows in the affected airport. In our case, it's just Zurich.

Have you figured out a way to solve this problem yet?

Not without replacing the Zurich runway with a default one. That's why we always said it's the AI that should be upgraded. Airplanes (and AI modelers) DO have a solution, which is simply to recompile their existing models with the FSX SDK. Scenery designers don't have any solution, apart from lowering the scenery quality and getting rid of the custom runway textures.

flo1981

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:16 pm »
I'm so happy that Geneva is now released!!
I download it, and will buy it this evening....  ;D and maybe Zurich, with your nice promotion!!!! ;D ;D

for toby23:
Are you under DirectX10??
I use MyTraffic, and AI traffic is nice in Geneva, see my pics here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1330.0

toby23

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 02:20:30 pm »
Virtuali,

Thank you for your reply.
Are you planning to release a patch for Zurich to fix this?

@ Flo1981 - Direct X 9, Windows XP and WOAI work great for me.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 02:39:45 pm »
Virtuali,

Thank you for your reply.
Are you planning to release a patch for Zurich to fix this?

@ Flo1981 - Direct X 9, Windows XP and WOAI work great for me.

Toby you have to ai aircraft that are designed for fsx most if not all freeware ai was made for fs9 they havent converted it yet to fsx so they cant work right with shadows with some scenerys.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

flo1981

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 02:58:51 pm »
I have a little question:
Geneva will be my first FsDreamTEam scenery.
So, do you have a little documentation that explain the new display settings, how to use the ParkMe feature, etc... ?

thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 03:06:08 pm »
ParkMe and YouControl features are explained in the manual that comes with Geneva (and JFK), you can have a look at the manual if you download the Trial.

The display settings in the Addon Manager aren't really related to our sceneries, they are global FSX settings that apply to the whole sim. That part of the Addon Manager is basically a freeware tweaker included, so you will not have to manually edit the FSX.CFG file.

For more informations about what the tweaks do, have a look here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/06/01/fsx-tweak-of-the-week-or-2.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/05/15/new-tweaks-in-sp1.aspx

waleed

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 04:50:37 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Great work as usual.

Here we go with KLAS

coturnix

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 11:51:46 pm »
Many thanks for this great airport, Geneva is my homebase and i missed a good rendition in FSX. Superb work   :)

Silverbird

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:23:49 am »
Congratulations on release!
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

trisho0

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 01:35:59 am »
Just installed Geneva LSGG and I wonder if I have to deactivate the same scenery from Switzerland professional of Aerosoft.
Anyone can answer this?