Author Topic: Cannot install CYVR **SOLVED**  (Read 7062 times)

adf714

Cannot install CYVR **SOLVED**
« on: March 16, 2016, 09:51:52 pm »
Hello,

I recently upgraded from P3Dv2 to P3Dv3. I went to reinstall my FSDT sceneries, but during each installation I get the following error:

"An error occured while trying to copy a file:
The source file is corrupted"

https://i.imgur.com/Ahkk29i.png

This happens for all FSDT (and FlightBeam) products I previously had installed for P3Dv2. For what it's worth, I was able to install FlightBeam KSFOHD, which I bought after my upgrade to P3Dv3 and never had installed previously.

EDIT: I just bought PHNL/Hawaiian Airport 2 and tried to install it and got the same issue.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:06:40 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I recently upgraded from P3Dv2 to P3Dv3. I went to reinstall my FSDT sceneries, but during each installation I get the following error:

Nobody has reported it, so it's surely a problem with your local files. Try to:

- Delete your old installers, and download them now.

- Before downloading, clear your browser cache

- Be sure you disable the antivirus, so it's not corrupting the installer, mistakenly thinking they might be dangerous (because of an antivirus bug), and trying to "heal" them, which would result in the installer being corrupted (since there was nothing to heal in the first place).

adf714

Hello,

Yep, definitely a problem on my end. I re-downloaded the installers using Internet Explorer which appeared to fix the problem. I'm guessing Firefox was causing some sort of loss during the download, which was corrupting the installers. Thanks for the help.