Author Topic: Questions about FS Dream Team Scenery  (Read 4426 times)

Timmy

Questions about FS Dream Team Scenery
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:47:23 pm »
Hello everyone ;D!!!
I'm new to FS Dream Team scenery...so far i like what i see in the screenshots...i'm actually downloading the demo version of O'Hare as I type this :D. I just have some general questions...
Why is FSX Service Pack 2 required to run this scenery???
My AI traffic program is World of AI (I love it!!)--can i still use it with this scenery???
Will your detailed, true-to-life scenery kill my frame rates???--I get about 8-12 w/ 100% traffic...kind of depends on how my computer is feeling that day ;D...
How much does the full version cost (it's listed in Euros but dollars is the currency here in Iowa)??
My laptop is pretty capable of handling complex loads...i'm curious to see how well this works

Thanks for your answers!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Questions about FS Dream Team Scenery
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 01:33:34 pm »
Why is FSX Service Pack 2 required to run this scenery???

Because we rely heavily on Simconnect to make it work, and Simconnect in SP2 has been *greatly* improved because instead of using an internal TCP connection, it use a far more efficent way (named pipes) to communicate with applications. This result in a greater reliability and performance as well.

My AI traffic program is World of AI (I love it!!)--can i still use it with this scenery???

That's what we use.

Will your detailed, true-to-life scenery kill my frame rates???--I get about 8-12 w/ 100% traffic...kind of depends on how my computer is feeling that day ;D...

If you get this results with default scenery, you can't obviously expect the scenery to *improve* on that. That's why we have a Trial for...

How much does the full version cost (it's listed in Euros but dollars is the currency here in Iowa)??

The price in US$ is listed during the purchase procedure. From then, you can also change to another currency, if you want. We listed the last prices here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1125.0