Author Topic: KORD Jetways disappear when AES times out - ANSWERED MY OWN Q?  (Read 6316 times)

canadagoose

KORD Jetways disappear when AES times out - ANSWERED MY OWN Q?
« on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:38 pm »
Hi, I do not use AES but have it installed on my HD.  Now when I load KORD I can see all the jetways with FS9 display settings for *scenery complexity* set at "Very Dense".  Then AES times out and all the jetways disappear.  Is there any way of rectifying this, maybe by deleting the "AES-KORD-LIB.bgl" file?  I'm just curious to find out what is triggering the disappearing act of my jetways.

Regards,

Tom
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:29:02 pm by canadagoose »

canadagoose

Re: KORD Jetways disappear when AES times out
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:11:05 pm »
Just checked.  This problem is not specific to fsDreamteam scenery.  I noticed the same thing happens to any scenery (airport) that is compatible with AES.  I'm just curious to know if anyone else has noticed this. I have now uninstalled the AES package from my HD and will check to see what affect that has now.

Regards,
Tom

canadagoose

Re: KORD Jetways disappear when AES times out
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:28:08 pm »
That was it! All I needed to do was uninstall AES and everything is back to normal now.  I was toying with the idea of using AES, that's why I installed it. I found that for the cost it was not on my short list of addons to enhance my FS sim experience.

Regards,

Tom 

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: KORD Jetways disappear when AES times out - ANSWERED MY OWN Q?
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 05:35:18 am »
AES works with many freeware airport, and you don't need to buy credits for most of them.  Try a few of them, you'll find that the pushback sequence alone justifies the cost of credits.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:44:16 am »
I haven't used FS for months now. but AES was always at the top of my list for addons. I always made sure that I had enough credits to activate any 5 credit airport that just may happen to pop up...

AES is the best thing that ever happened to my simming experience. and like Mr. Hamilton said, you can get many airports free.

Actually the makers of AES have a unique system that actually discounts itself as you buy more credits.

I think that it makes any compatible scenery all the more real...

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:24:32 am »
I haven't used FS for months now. but AES was always at the top of my list for addons.

Have you given up on the simulator, Kyle?   ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:35:55 am »
No, just having hardware issues as I move to my laptop...

I will get back to it ASAP.

for now, I just look at videos on Youtube and search the forums to get updates. on any new sceneries. I have been following the development of KLAX and Aerosoft Munich closely.

p.s. is aes 2.0 yet???