Author Topic: CYVR Runway  (Read 6379 times)

VHHHflyer

CYVR Runway
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »
Hello,
 I previously had a texture issue with CYVR where REX replaced the file and made the runway look darker. That was fixed by doing a reinstall.

Now, i recently moved to Windows 8.1, and i have the same issue. This is a clean install with just P3D V3.1, CYVR and GSX. No other addons have been installed and i have a similar issue. Also, i did click yes on update AFCAD.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: CYVR Runway
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 11:39:05 pm »
 I don't see what the issue is here. That looks the way it is supposed to as far as I can tell.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »
Its the first and third screenshot. Especially the third one.

You can see in that video how different it is.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:04:28 am »
 Sorry, I still don't see it, what's the actual issue? The video and screenshots look reasonably normal (more to do with the pc than anything).

VHHHflyer

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:46:51 am »
Its the Runway 26. It looks like a base default runway with custom markings. I have seen the original texture and its much darker, similar to the other runway (screenshot 2) which looks like it should. All my settings are max too.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:58:11 am »
 Ah ok, I see what you mean now. You originally said it was REX that caused the darker textures, but in the last you mention that the original textures were darker.
 Looking at my sim and my runway textures look the same as yours, the north runway being lighter than the south.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 07:10:59 am »
Its supposed to look the same as the other runways. Also the touchdown zone in the first screenshot isn't right. There is some conflict going on with default P3D and CYVR. Just as a test, i installed CYVR in vanilla FSX Steam Edition and it works flawless.
I can live with it its not a big deal, but it sure doesn't look like its supposed to.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:59 am »
 Fair enough, it looks good enough to me. Not far off of what you see on Google Maps or GE except that the north should be darker than the south as it's the primary arrival runway. In reality though they have rubber removal a couple times a year, so the visual state of the runways fluctuates.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:48:49 pm by Dave_YVR »