Author Topic: AFCAD Layout and Taxiway Texture (2 separate questions)  (Read 8750 times)

drewmtb29

AFCAD Layout and Taxiway Texture (2 separate questions)
« on: February 09, 2016, 05:07:13 pm »
Hey,

First off, I would like to say that this is one of the best sceneries that I have. Works really good with P3D v3.1.

I am having a small texture issue with the taxiways. They seem to be blending and flickering a lot. This does not happen at any other airports and it's only on the taxiway concrete. I have attached a video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8blecyycvxio1fb/FSDTCYVRFLICKERP3D.mov?dl=0

Also, CYVR has all the gate assignments wrong. WestJet has terminal A and B and when GSX unloads and loads at A, it is handling as AirCanada. Also, not all the gates are numbered properly in that area. How do I fix any of this through the AFCAD files? Or is there some other file I can alter.

Thanks

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD Layout and Taxiway Texture (2 separate questions)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:28:05 pm »
I am having a small texture issue with the taxiways. They seem to be blending and flickering a lot. This does not happen at any other airports and it's only on the taxiway concrete. I have attached a video.

The video is not very clear. Do you use a default camera or a 3rd party utility ?

How do I fix any of this through the AFCAD files? Or is there some other file I can alter.

Use any editing utility, like ADE, just like any other scenery.

drewmtb29

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »

The video is not very clear. Do you use a default camera or a 3rd party utility ?

How do I fix any of this through the AFCAD files? Or is there some other file I can alter.

Use any editing utility, like ADE, just like any other scenery.

1) I took the video in 4K with my iPhone6S.. Odd that it isn't showing very well. Must have to do with the Dropbox linking. I will try a different solution.

2) okay I will try that. Also, any GSX related settings that would effect the issues?

Thanks for the fast reply!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 07:46:46 pm »
Do you have any conflicting afcads? ie ftx pnw, MyTraffic?

drewmtb29

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 06:17:47 pm »

Do you have any conflicting afcads? ie ftx pnw, MyTraffic?
I do have FTX PNW and I use MyTraffic 6.
GSX is giving me air canada all the time at gate 1A-5A when it should be WestJet.

What's your solution in regards to PNW and MT?

Drew

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:43:29 pm »
 Both FTX PNW AND MyTraffic have their own airport files for YVR.. They are both meant for the default YVR and WILL conflict and cause issues with FSDT CYVR. You need to remove the offending files.. You should do this for EVERY airport that you have addon scenery for.

The FTX PNW files to remove are (no need to delete them, just move them out of the scenery folder)

ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl.BGL
  FTX_PNW_objects_CYVR_PLC.bgl
  ADE_FTX_PNW_CYVR_Vancouver_Intl_CVX.bgl

I can't say what the MyTraffic file is to remove as I won't pollute my sim with that AI, no offense  ;)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:48:10 pm by Dave_YVR »