Author Topic: Difficult Installation?  (Read 10816 times)

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
Difficult Installation?
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:05:29 pm »
Why is this scenery so difficult to install? I have Aerosoft scenery really easy install.
This I have to disable malware detection firewall lol. I had to install GSX i don't really use it i just fly military jets.
then it works! really wired install? Just my install expierence.

Would like to see a better simplified install update. I know its probably for secure reasons.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Difficult Installation?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 02:46:26 pm »
Why is this scenery so difficult to install?

It cannot be easier: just launch the installer and it will install.

I have Aerosoft scenery really easy install.

It has an additional step, which is inserting your Serial Number, which you don't have to do with our installers.

This I have to disable malware detection firewall lol.

That's because your antivirus is defective, and is mistakenly flagging the installer as dangerous, when it obviously isn't. On top of being defective, your antivirus doesn't support the latest IEEE standards made to prevent FALSE POSITIVES, which our products obviously do, called "Software Taggant":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_taggant

Our executables are all digitally signed with it, but it's up to the antivirus developers to support it. If your isn't, and it's mistakenly think our executables are dangerous, then you must disable it to install.

Of course, the better solution would be switching to a better antivirus, one that doesn't mistakenly flag legit products as threats or, at the very least, supports the latest official standard made to PREVENT these bugs, as WE DO.

I had to install GSX i don't really use it i just fly military jets.

You don't "have" to install GSX. But it's best if you do, so you get Docking Systems, Marshallers, etc. ALL FOR FREE, since using GSX is totally free at all our airports, with all its features.

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 05:19:14 pm »
What is the best anti-virus software which supports the latest IEEE standards made to prevent FALSE POSITIVES?
Can you recommend one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 07:07:05 pm »
What is the best anti-virus software which supports the latest IEEE standards made to prevent FALSE POSITIVES?  Can you recommend one?

I would never dream of paying for an antivirus, which is why I only use the Microsoft ones: Security Essentials/Windows Defender.

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 07:13:15 pm »
What is the best anti-virus software which supports the latest IEEE standards made to prevent FALSE POSITIVES?  Can you recommend one?

I would never dream of paying for an antivirus, which is why I only use the Microsoft ones: Security Essentials/Windows Defender.

Those are the ones i'm using. Except one I have Iobit advanced system care and spyhunter.
These are probably the ones I should turn off when downloading your products.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:30 am »
Except one I have Iobit advanced system care and spyhunter.

Iobit is the culprit. Witnessed personally on an user's system with Teamviewer. Using two antivirus at the same time is not a very good idea on a flight-sim PC, since it will slow down the system unnecessarily.

And, if you check the "False positive" forum section on Iobit site, you see it falsely detects as threats even things that are surely not dangerous: an user even reported Notepad.exe being flagged as a virus!!

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/iobit-security-software/false-positive-reports-by-iobit-products

LT StarBuck 107

• LT StarBuck 107
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll disable Iobit when installing your product scenery. Thank for your help.