Author Topic: Updates  (Read 3778 times)

mroschk

Updates
« on: January 21, 2016, 07:58:19 pm »
Hello,

since a Long time i get again no updates.

Is there anywhere a place where i can see a Version number or something to see
if i have the actual Version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:01:23 pm »
The "version number" issue has been discussed so many times on the forum, and it doesn't make any sense to have it, since there's a "Check for updates" feature.

You might have installed GSX starting from a certain full installer with its own version number, but since the GSX *CODE* (as explained on the manual when minor updates are discussed ) can update its code to the latest version, and it DOWNLOADS it anyway, the version number you installed with doesn't make any sense anymore, since you already got the most current CODE when you ran the installer, and you get the Live Update notifications too. So, what's your version number now ?

You can't say, because you might have the latest code but, as also explained on the manual, vehicles and liveries are NOT updated with Live Updates, they have their own separate Vehicle update installers.

That's why it doesn't make any sense to say "which GSX version you have", because you might have the latest code, but not have the latest vehicles.

If you are not seeing any Live Update notification, this means you HAVE the most current CODE.

If you download and install the current vehicle update installer, you can be sure you also have the latest vehicles and liveries.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 07:49:47 pm »
The "version number" issue has been discussed so many times on the forum, and it doesn't make any sense to have it, since there's a "Check for updates" feature.

I just read anywhen in the foru about a Problem with the Cache of the IE and that GSX downlods a older Version.

That was the reason for the question and that i did not have ny updtes gain for a Long time.

But if it is solved it is fine.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:36:03 am »
I just read anywhen in the foru about a Problem with the Cache of the IE and that GSX downlods a older Version.

That's not the case with the Live Update feature, which doesn't use IE or the system cache in any way, but connects directly on our site bypassing any browser so no, if you don't see any Live Update notifications, it's because there hasn't been any.