Author Topic: Passenger sounds with a cargo airplane and a small feature request  (Read 3190 times)

xender

Hi guys!

I think there's a bug with GSX. I'm using a cargo plane, and GSX is using cargo loaders as it should, but when i decide to start the boarding phase i can heard a lady welcoming the boxes with "Hi! Thanks and welcome aboard!". If the plane is a cargo plane no passengers sounds should be played i think.

I also have a small feature request:
Please make it possible to disable that "Beep" sound during the notices for opening the doors.

Thanks for a great product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger sounds with a cargo airplane and a small feature request
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 02:09:47 pm »
I think there's a bug with GSX. I'm using a cargo plane, and GSX is using cargo loaders as it should, but when i decide to start the boarding phase i can heard a lady welcoming the boxes with "Hi! Thanks and welcome aboard!". If the plane is a cargo plane no passengers sounds should be played i think.

There's no "bug" in GSX, it's just that it simply doesn't differentiate a Cargo plane as such. This has been discussed several times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10787.msg83651.html#msg83651

I also have a small feature request: Please make it possible to disable that "Beep" sound during the notices for opening the doors.

In the GSX Settings menu, you can increase the time between messages ( by default it's 10 seconds ) so, if you place it at, let's say, 60 seconds, you will have a notice (and a Beep) every 5 minutes so, chances are you'll never hear a Beep by the time you have already opened all the doors.

xender

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 08:28:59 pm »
There's no "bug" in GSX, it's just that it simply doesn't differentiate a Cargo plane as such. This has been discussed several times on the forum, for example here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10787.msg83651.html#msg83651

Ah my bad. I was under the impression that it did. Because when i'm using a cargo plane i get cargo containers (For example with the 777F) so i was thinking that something like this could solve it:

//Code to handle Xender's request
if (ItsCargoPlane)
{
     DisablePassengerBus();
     DisableLadyVoice();
}

;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:26:54 pm »
Ah my bad. I was under the impression that it did. Because when i'm using a cargo plane i get cargo containers (For example with the 777F) so i was thinking that something like this could solve it:

Well, thank you for the free programming advice but, of course, we obviously know how to do it, and in fact, the work being done for the Cargo expansion means we already placed some kind of information about the airplane being flagged as cargo or not so in the plane database, and of course, it will play different boarding sounds in that case.

But again, it will all come together with the cargo expansion, no point adding it now, when you already have a workaround explained in the thread I've linked (setting the boarding time close to 0), which will prevent boarding sounds to be played.