Author Topic: KFLL Frame Rate Problem  (Read 9946 times)

mr.mario

KFLL Frame Rate Problem
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:32:26 am »
I have most of the FSDT scenery's.  I get frame rates of 25-30 on all FSDT scenery except KFLL where I am only getting 12-18 Frames.   It is choppy, not smooth like the other FSDT airports.   My specs - FSX, PMDG aircraft, intel i7 4790@4Ghz, 16G RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti w/4G, Direct X version 11.

Please let me know if there is any fix to get the frames to increase in KFLL.

Thanks

mosteen

KFLL Frame Rate Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 01:50:16 am »
Hi Mario, I got the same issue;

I use Scenery Config Editor, disabling any airport except my DEP, DEPALT, COMRALT, RALT(if ETOPS), AALT and DESTiNATION.

Much free VAS avail if you only enable any necessary scenery.

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KFLL Frame Rate Problem
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 04:00:03 pm »
Try to lower the Scenery Complexity: there are some default buildings from the default scenery in that area which are very heavy on fps.

And, what's your fps with 0% AI and a default airplane ? That would help you understand you what is really causing the low fps.

mr.mario

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »
I get good 23-28 FPS with default aircraft, just the PMDG aircraft slow down the FPS.   However, I use the PMDG aircraft in JFK, DFW, KIAH, and LAX and get 25-30 FPS and the scenery looks just as complex as FLL. 
I have the AI traffic set very low.    Just wondering why FLL has different performance when it does not look any more detailed than the other airports I mentioned. 

Also. thanks for the info on Scenery Config editor.   I will look into that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »
I get good 23-28 FPS with default aircraft, just the PMDG aircraft slow down the FPS

I was quite sure of it, but it was best if you confirmed it.

However, I use the PMDG aircraft in JFK, DFW, KIAH, and LAX and get 25-30 FPS and the scenery looks just as complex as FLL. 

As I've said, be sure you don't set the Scenery Complexity too high, because the default scenery has some very bad performing objects in the background of the city, close to the coast.

Does the fps improves if you turn down the Scenery Complexity a bit ?