Author Topic: De-Icing in GSX done the wrong way.  (Read 4370 times)

DarrianCZE

De-Icing in GSX done the wrong way.
« on: December 26, 2015, 04:08:24 pm »
Hello everybody.

I have a little suggestion for future development. I don't know how it's done on the other airports... but at the airports I know (Prague especially) De-Icing is done at specified stands, where the aircraft will taxi to, and then it is done with the engines remaining on. This is definitely done at Prague, and I've also seen it at Frankfurt I believe.

The reason for that is, that these stands are relatively close to the runway. Because if the De-Icing would be done at the stands... then... when you consider the time when you will finish all the checklists after pushback... and then taxiing to the runway. Which can take really long time at some airports. During some snow conditions, the ice could build up during that time.

Is there an option for doing that? I think that the easiest way to do it would be the ability to do De-Icing wherever we want. Simply taxi somewhere. Stop... and then Choose De-Ice. This would spare us the time for creating "specific stands".

Thank you in advance :-)

Dominato83

Re: De-Icing in GSX done the wrong way.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »
You could do it, but you would have to edit AFCADs so there are parking spots where those deicing areas are.  You would have to taxi to those spots and then request deicing.  I believe they are working on a different implementation of this for a future update.

AirbusA330

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 10:15:52 pm »
It depends on the airport, on smaller airports deicing is often done at the gate, for example EDDK, but on bigger airports there are specific deicing areas. During the last years, a lot of airports which didn't have deicing areas have build those. The reasons are:

- Faster deicing
- Deicing closer to the runway
- The possibility to collect and recycle the deicing fluid.

And yes, deicing areas are really needed, same als european deicing vehicles. Deicing areas are used in: FRA, AMS, MUC, DUS, PRG, CPH, OSL, LHR, YYZ to name just a few...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 10:18:35 am »
It's just wrong saying de-icing is "wrong", just because we only implemented the on-stand de-icing, which is a normal procedure. Also, we said support for de-icing areas will come.

AirbusA330

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 04:13:37 pm »
Also, we said support for de-icing areas will come.

Thank you, that's great!