Author Topic: Oh Boy....More Grief After PHNL  (Read 9071 times)

cyclopean

Oh Boy....More Grief After PHNL
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:19:38 pm »
After joyfully solving my PHNL problem with the help of Umberto and others, now I find all of my FSDT sceneries have jetways but no buildings. I've repeatedly reinstalled one of them (KLAX)as well as the Addon Manager, but KLAX continues to show no ground texture and no buildings.

I have every single FSDT scenery, with the exception of the Hawaiian Airports.

Again, none of my FSDT airports, including KLAX and PHNL have any buildings - only jetways, and in the case of KLAX, no ground textures either.

Please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Oh Boy....More Grief After PHNL
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:02 am »
The usual question:

- Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the "Couatl" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

cyclopean

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:34:34 pm »
Answer:

Yes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:43:21 am »
Is the Addon Manager reporting the sceneries to be installed ?

cyclopean

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »
Yes.

cyclopean

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 07:08:21 pm »
It looks like this is going to take a long time to be resolved.... :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
It looks like this is going to take a long time to be resolved.... :(

I'm afraid that, if the Addon Manager says the scenery is installed in the Scenery Library, and you also have the Couatl menu visible, it's simply not possible you wouldn't see it.

Unless you set the scenery complexity too low, but you should at least see "something".

cyclopean

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 08:05:58 am »
Sir, could you please arrange a remote session so you can see for yourself? I don't like being called a liar!

Nothing is set to low...everything is as it should be....I've been using my FSX happily for years. All of this began when I tried to install PHNL....then my world was turned upside down!!!

Please assist in restoring it!

Thank you.

cyclopean

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »
No response.....is anyone going to help me here?

As I mentioned before, I can see the jetways in these airports, but there are no buildings. I never said there was nothing to be seen. In some cases, there are parking lots and cars parked in them.

No buildings - none.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 11:12:38 am »
Sir, could you please arrange a remote session so you can see for yourself?

Of course, but not on Christmas day...

I don't like being called a liar!

NOBODY, EVER, called you "a liar". And, I don't like being wrongly accused of calling someone a liar, when it clearly wasn't the case. I BELIEVE you don't see the scenery, it's just that you are probably MISSED something else in your report, for example error message that might have happened during the installation, other conflicting products, etc.

cyclopean

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 06:07:50 pm »
Sir, I didn't expect support on Christmas Day. I didn't write that on Christmas day.

As far as error messages there are none. I've been reinstalling these things over and over and they all show in Addon manager as properly installed. During the installation there are NO ERROR MESSAGES.

I'm sorry but it frustrates me to have these conversations when I know what I'm telling you and you keep telling me what you think is happening. If there were error messages, I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU SO....I'm not a total idiot. What I tell you is EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON!

Can you not remote into my system and take a look so that we won't frustrate each other? I'm not trying to be mean to you but sometimes typed communication gets in the way and is misinterpreted.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 10:38:02 am »
Sir, I didn't expect support on Christmas Day. I didn't write that on Christmas day.

You wrote it the day before, which is holiday anyway, and I HAVE replied to it on Christmas Day so, you HAVE got a minimal form of support on 25th!

Can you not remote into my system and take a look so that we won't frustrate each other? I'm not trying to be mean to you but sometimes typed communication gets in the way and is misinterpreted.

As I've said, yes, we can do that. Install Teamviewer and PM me with your session id and password, so I can have a look at your system.

cyclopean

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 06:13:22 pm »
I sent you the information.

Thanks!